DC Sound Lab

Ok so I have been messing around with Torres and the numbers just dont make sense to me. I am doing a box that is 17" tall x 40" wide x 12" deep. When using Torres if I make a port that is 15.5 tall x 2" wide x 20" long i get a tuning of around 35. To me it would be logical that if i take 2'' off the length and add it to the width, you still have the same volume so it would be the same tuning, however Torres tells me that the new tuning would be 52.33...... I dont understand this, is it just a flaw in the program or am I wrong in all of this. Also what is a good frequency to tune the box to for a daily ground pounder that may compete every once in a while. and if anyone wants to help me with some port dimensions for the box that would be awesome.

Mysignature_zpsc870b869.jpg

I wouldnt worry so much about the size of the port as long as the port area(about 15in2 per ft3) is there.

The only other way to make it not be as skinny would be to shorten it, but then to do that, you may run into some dead spots in the box. You want a nice smooth airflow out of the box.