nunyagd Posted February 16, 2014 Report Posted February 16, 2014 I have seen a couple of enclosure designs from different sub manufacturers that almost work for my situation but not quite... If I keep the overall airspace the same and keep the port volume the same, can I tweak their dimension?
hammiethebasshead Posted February 16, 2014 Report Posted February 16, 2014 yes it should just make sure to keep the same airspace. I did it for my old p2 12 in my eclipse convertible so that it would fit in the tiny trunk and it worked out perfectly took a couple inches off depth and added them to length and height. once you get a speaker moving so hard that its possible to make tinsels slap, you are already kissing "SQ" goodbye. Don't get me wrong, as I smoke Marlboro Reds, but if I saw one more kid with that smug-ass look (Look at me I'm smoking indoors) on their face, I was going to shove that thing so far up someone's ass that they'd look like a hillbilly trying to understand quantitative prediction theorem. You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.
alaskanzx5 Posted February 16, 2014 Report Posted February 16, 2014 why not just design your own. change a little piece of the design and it can have a huge effect on sound. plus those boxes are designed for those specific sub. just post up a thread asking for a box design and give your max dimensions amp being used and sub(s) being used. someone will help you out. t1500bdcp 2 t2d4 15" 1 t600.4 1 t400.2 1 set p1 tweets singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.
Joe X Posted February 16, 2014 Report Posted February 16, 2014 I have seen a couple of enclosure designs from different sub manufacturers that almost work for my situation but not quite... If I keep the overall airspace the same and keep the port volume the same, can I tweak their dimension? You can do some tweaking, you can reduce net airspace if you need and you can lower tuning adding an external extension all without permanently changing the box, tweaking an old box is sometimes the best way to know to which specs you should build a new one BUT you need to know what to change to get the results you are looking for.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.