Second Skin Audio

One Subwoofer Not Responding to Lows.

Exscathe

not sure if this copy paste will work, but i see what you are saying about no one tried to say anything other than wiring..... /sarcasm

The subs individually tested act the same? Also if you are using a test tone you don't need any filtering.

Pics of box in car?

Have you swapped subs yet?

Are these both brand new subs? First time playing?

Both subs have the yellow spiders?

Did you already try swapping them in the box? See if the issure will stay with that one woofer?

wow i feel like a dick for not helping after seeing the bashing you gave everyone

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

Fucking LOL... nobody said you were stupid... until you started blowing everyone off.

Do you take your car to a mechanic and tell him what is not wrong? no. He needs all of the facts to do his job and find the problem. Same here.

You will get really far in life with that attitide.

All anyone did was try and help you which you obviously did not want to hear.

So one one could help me, you would rather tell me I'm an idiot and wired it wrong when clearly I did not. Read the thread. I came here looking for a solution to a problem that was not wiring, and I get a bunch of assholes telling me it is the wiring and I am out of phase. AND I am the stupid one..... Americans.

you sir. should just stop. your making me look bad.

YOU said the sub was moving opposite as the other. not "alittle bit less" so. in the case.. need to start with the wiring. and the way you wired it, very possible that a wire was placed wrong.

if you said it was moving a little less, the next question ( which was asked somewhere) is was one played more then the other.

when i recone a sub i can see the differance on that one of 12. and let it play mid volume for a while before beating on them again.

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

So one one could help me, you would rather tell me I'm an idiot and wired it wrong when clearly I did not. Read the thread. I came here looking for a solution to a problem that was not wiring, and I get a bunch of assholes telling me it is the wiring and I am out of phase. AND I am the stupid one..... Americans.

you sir. should just stop. your making me look bad.

YOU said the sub was moving opposite as the other. not "alittle bit less" so. in the case.. need to start with the wiring. and the way you wired it, very possible that a wire was placed wrong.

if you said it was moving a little less, the next question ( which was asked somewhere) is was one played more then the other.

when i recone a sub i can see the differance on that one of 12. and let it play mid volume for a while before beating on them again.

x2. woofers moving clearly opposite of each other is a wiring issue 99.9991% of the time.

I have two 15" subs wired to 4 ohms on a 2000 watt amp. Wire comes in from the positive of the amp to the positive of one subwoofer coil, then the negative of that same coil goes to the positive of the other coil, then the negative of that coil goes to the positive of a coil on the other sub, then that negative goes to the other coils positive and that coils negative out to the amps negative. The problem is when low frequencies play in a song, only one sub is moving and the other is not, while when the highs are playing both subs are moving, I have checked the wiring a million times, it is very difficult to pull subs out of the box so I checked multiple times, I have no idea as to what is going on. I can only think that one coil was wired reverse which it was not, or that one coil is blown which makes no sense also because I have barely used them, when I did use them it was around half power on each, and I made sure they didn't see much clipping at all. Any help would be appreciated.

your very first post you said you thought it might be a wiring issue. You said that, not us. Then you blame us when we tell you to check wiring? lol

Archived