john253a Posted February 25, 2014 Report Posted February 25, 2014 How much power do you have in it It might be worth looking into a T-line I've found them good as low powered plate amps are cheap to buy
Eric Cisneros Posted February 25, 2014 Author Report Posted February 25, 2014 Since the set up is plugged into the wall, I am only feeding it about 300 w continuous. Here are the pictures I promised. From my limited understanding this is good, right? And yes I am using the beta version, I'll update to the newer version tonight.
Triticum Agricolam Posted February 25, 2014 Report Posted February 25, 2014 Yeah, that's pretty good. Just understand that your frequency response is rolling off around 70 Hz on the upper end, so keep that in mind for your crossover. What I don't understand is how you got that result with the box parameters you listed. I plugged in the same numbers to WinISD and I got a very different result. I may have fat-fingered something somewhere though. I'll check over my stuff and see if I can find anything wrong. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Eric Cisneros Posted February 25, 2014 Author Report Posted February 25, 2014 I double checked everything. It appears to be right. Still running the beta version. I am about to install the Pro alpha version.
Triticum Agricolam Posted February 25, 2014 Report Posted February 25, 2014 OK I see what's going on now. Up in your earlier post you listed: Sealed Net Volume: 0.587ft³ Ported Net Volume: 1.442ft³ Tuning Frequency: 45.45 You had the Sealed and Ported volumes mixed up. The front chamber is the one that's ported. The rear chamber is sealed. So it should be: Sealed Net Volume: 1.442ft³ Ported Net Volume: 0.587ft³ Tuning Frequency: 45.45 Its seems counter-intuitive since for car audio bandpass enclosures the ported side is almost always the bigger side. But if you want flat response in your garage its the other way around. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Eric Cisneros Posted February 25, 2014 Author Report Posted February 25, 2014 Sorry about that. I'm a bit dyslexic at times, especially when it comes to numbers. This is all very interesting. Further modifications notwithstanding, I can't wait to build it and actually listen to it. Thank you very much for your help. I'll post pictures of the build as it comes along.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.