I do not know what every ones deal is with saying you have to use 0db, Meade himself said woofers are good with -5db and -10 in a lot of cases also. I use -5db with success...

The 0db track is for finding hu clipping volume then use either track 3 -5db or track 5 -5db or track 7 -10db 40Hz tone to set sub gain. I personally use track 3 as I get too much clipping at -10db

Yeah I meant I do not know why people use track 3 I will be using track 5 when I get a higher quality amp. With a good amp track 5 should be fine.

I guess I just like to play it safe, even if that means I am being overly safe. Some recordings are mixed like absolute garbage these days. When I get the oscope back out to test the eq bands on my headunit (talked about it in another thread) ill probably set again using a -5db, and then take note at what volume a 0db doesn't clip. That way I know I can use between X and Y depending on quality of recording/file. The argument for using -5db tones definitely makes sense. Hell the argument for using -10db tones makes sense. When you record an album your supposed to do it at -10db and when you record/transmit for broadcast -15db (I even double checked this with my brother who is taking a lot of recording classes in college right now to see if it had changed), but like I said, lots of shit recordings that don't follow these rules. Read up on the loudness war if you haven't already.

i was playing with the 0 -5 and -10 tracks today. this is what i found. my deck goes up to 50. the correct volts for my amp Is 37.4 i used the -5db track and put my head unit volume to 43. matched the gain to 37.4. put on the 0db track And the volts shot up to 66.2 i turned down the volume a Lil bit And to my surprise at volume 38 i got 37.4 volts. then i put it on the -10 track And volts dropped to 22.7 turned my volume back up and at volume 47 i got 37.4 volts. i have the ct sounds 1400.1 and just want to add the clipping light was dead on! at all the volumes with 37.4 showing no clipping turn it up one and clipping.

I'm so happy i know these volumes now as all you know cds are not equal so no.matter the quality i know what max Is. hope this long ass post helped in any way. i realize wasnt using the dd1 i was gonna buy one but my boy beat me to it. I'll set again with that later i just wanted to test somr stuff out

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Yeah exactly. Just do the same thing with the DD1 when you get it and you know all the safe points. It's too bad the level indicators on my headunit are pretty much just eye candy. I think once you hit -10db or so it just shows the bar as full. If it actually went to 0db I could figure out which point to use for each track on the fly!

it will be a few days until i can get tr dd1 but i when i do I'm gonna find below clipping and throw the dmm on it to see how far apart they really are. I'm just shocked to see how well the ct bass knob actually works!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

it will be a few days until i can get tr dd1 but i when i do I'm gonna find below clipping and throw the dmm on it to see how far apart they really are. I'm just shocked to see how well the ct bass knob actually works!

My bass knob clip light actually came on before the DD-1.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

I bought my DD-1 when they first came out and only used it 2-3 times but it was so easy to use.

I just sold mine thinking I would never use it again but now I'm upgrading amps and I refuse to use them until I tune them with a DD-1.

Make you feel good when you have people asking you how you get your system so loud and clear without the static and distortion, always tell them I used a DD-1 by Steve Meade.

1992 Honda Civic CX Hatchback

K24a2 Swap

i will get my own soon, sick of stealing my friends.

and my knob (hehehe hehe) came on pretty much the exact same time as.the dd1. really to Close to call. interested to see how the dmm (that don't work) compares. if the dmm Is within 3 voltsI'll be shocked...get volts...shocked...wow ruff crowd

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

It was very easy to use and I'm glad I purchased one. Its also great to know that my gains are set properly. Anytime my friends need their gains set i help them out and they always thank me… I say don't thank me, thank Steve Meade and D'amore Engineering.

Head Unit: Kenwood excelon KDC-X797

Subs: 2 Fi sp4's with PSI recones dual 1.4's in a wall.

Sub amp: 2 DC 3.5k's strapped at .7

Mids: 2 punch pro 10's 6 punch pro 8's

Tweeters: 4 Fosgate Neo's (pp4-nt)

Mids amp: Fosgate T1000-4ad

Tweeter amp: punch 400-2

Wall: 9 cubes tuned to 31.5 triple layer birch al the way around plus 2x4's

Alt: mechman 240

Wire: all sky high OFC 2/0, 4, 12

Batteries: 1 XS d3400 under the hood and 5 kinetic 2400's with toolmaker buss bars in the trunk

Extras: epic lighting LEDs sound deader for days, fiberglassed pods 150+ sealed

• 3 weeks later...

Just now seeing this - thanks a lot guys. Myself as well as D'Amore Engineering LOVE reviews like this. :)

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916