YukonDCXL Posted February 19, 2014 Report Posted February 19, 2014 Hey guys, I just finished up my system. I have 2 5500bamf power acoustiks strapped pushing 2 DC xl 18's. I tuned amp with dd-1 (track 5) and my volts never dropped below 12.6 and after two songs playing full tilt I started to notice a slight voice coil smell and felt dust caps and they were warm. Is this normal?
ric006 Posted February 19, 2014 Report Posted February 19, 2014 your woofers are new go easy on them while there breaking in
YukonDCXL Posted February 19, 2014 Author Report Posted February 19, 2014 I mean this was not the first day playing them, I just got my voltage meter in so i was taking it easy on them for about a week now until I was sure I was holding volts
ToNasty Posted February 19, 2014 Report Posted February 19, 2014 your woofers are new go easy on them while there breaking in i disagree, wang on then. and did you use the 0bd track when doing the gain? ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
BLuejoules Posted February 19, 2014 Report Posted February 19, 2014 Smell can be from excess glue burning off the coils. Also no need to break in subs by taking it easy on them. IG: devinthydude
YukonDCXL Posted February 19, 2014 Author Report Posted February 19, 2014 Whatever track 5 is... I think that's 10db
Tecomah Posted February 19, 2014 Report Posted February 19, 2014 I agree with nasty. When I got my dc I just played the shit out of it. 750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY Team Subsonic Lows
ToNasty Posted February 19, 2014 Report Posted February 19, 2014 fuck that. use the 0db track and wang on those bastards ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
YukonDCXL Posted February 19, 2014 Author Report Posted February 19, 2014 I do not want to use the 0 db track because I am not gonna get any power out of it using that track. track 5 was recommended my Steve Meade for most systems.
ToNasty Posted February 19, 2014 Report Posted February 19, 2014 track 5 was recomended but your smelling coil. ok that sounds fine with me if you want to keep smelling coil ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.