Reminder: Remove metal jewelry when working on electrical stuff

Was wearing my watch, working on getting my alt in. I always wear it, never think twice. Maybe I should

Well I accidentally sparked it against some caps. Not the whole bank, made contact between 4 of them. Mathstimating ~9v.

Only 9v, only the briefest tap. Holy crap, never realized these capacitors had *that* low of resistance.

It welded a few links together on my watch band, I managed to break one loose, the others aren't budging. Crazy to think how much power flowed through it to get that hot after just a fraction of a second.

These 3 aren't budging

WP_20140220_004_zps1a15ca0a.jpg

Same story with these two

WP_20140220_006_zps7adfbd7f.jpg

And.. I mean.. Well.. Hot metal. Still crazy how fast this heated up. Yes that's a charred mark, to give you an idea

WP_20140220_003_zpsbc47a74d.jpg

That was my fun for the night :P

I always panic when I drop an allen wrench down near my battery, or when I'm workin on my front battery which has no room.

I still remember the time this kid at my school when to jump a car. + to - and - to +. within 5 seconds it was dripping the rubber jacket. Then he went to grab them to take it off once he realized they were smoking. burnt the hell outta his hands.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Archived