Voice Coil Size On A 12" Kicker Cvr? Anyone Know?

Im just wondering the voice coils size of the 12" Kicker CVR because im thinking about re running them and a multiple of them and im wondereding the voice coils size on them. I had 1000 watts going to each one daily for a while and they got hot after a few minutes of very hard beating, Very good subs just wondering if anyone knows.

There definatly not 3" if i remember i pulled one apart not long ago to fix i think there 2" coil size and there only ment to handle 400 rms they would handle it better if you used more subs. What amp you using and how many subs you wanting to run of the amplifier?

Edited by polochris

KICKER Livin' Loud

There definatly not 3" if i remember i pulled one apart not long ago to fix i think there 2" coil size and there only ment to handle 400 rms they would handle it better if you used more subs. What amp you using and how many subs you wanting to run of the amplifier?

I had them on a power acousitk 2400 that i got bench tested and it was putting out 2017 watts at 14.4 volts when steady and it was on my 2 12" CVR's and they took it fine but once I started to beat on them hard they started to get real hot, but for daily driving and comps they took it fine, Daily drivng im very conservative on the bassknob. Took the power all day but for comps burping and demoeing all day and long breaks in between they did great.