Sonic Electronix

Really dumb question... I think?

Formulas guys... Its simple stuff, no need for 12volt.com

It may be easy for you to do now, but do you remember the first time you tried to figure out the total resistance of a combination circuit?

I do, that was one tough cookie..

Now take what you did with a DC circuit and do it with an AC circuit with varying impedances, power factors, and other variables that just keep going on.

This is what most people deal with when reading these threads. Not everyone can/does/cares to understand electricity, so places like the12v.com help them insanely.

Please don't take this negatively, just sometimes people forget how hard a topic can be.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

No problem, and my son is here and is giving me flack for not giving the simple answer the way i tought him. Simply put. series connections you just add the values together. Parallel- example 2ohm and 8ohm. 2x8=16, then 2+8=10. So take 16/10=1.6 final ohm load. Maybe that will help to make it easy for some. It's the simplest way i know how to explain it.

Be very careful using this method to find the resistance in parallel. It ONLY works if you are doing two resistors/sub coils at a time. If you try doing more then you will get an incorrect number. The actual formula (which I posted earlier) is:

(R1-1 + R2-1 + R3-1 + R4-1 + ... + RN-1)-1 Where RN = resistance of each coil, and you may have as many R as you like

And very true, not everyone has the same level of understanding, but as long as we can all learn something in the end its good

Chevrolet Tahoe

Crescendo PWX6 (2) and FT1 (2)

Fi Audio SP4 15" (1), AQ3500D.1 (1)

Enclosure: 4th Order (Ported) 4.5cu ft @26Hz

Mechman Elite 370A & Kinetik HC2000

Sky High 2/0 Wire

Future Plans: (2) 18" @25Hz

i didn't expect it to be that much quieter but it really was. id say my system is high 120db Mark maybe even low 130 And with that it was lucky to be over 100. normally you guys wouldn't be able to hear me talk over them at full Tilt

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff