Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Sundown recone on 9500


206xtreme

Recommended Posts

Posted

It might sound like a stupid question, but I would like to ask you, if any of you has tried to fit a sundown Z v.4 recone to any Digital Designs 9500 motor.

As far as I know, the frame should be changed because the DD uses 9" spiders while sundown uses 10".

My question so, is only about the motor. Will it fit? Or the voice coil will get higher or lower than it should?

2007 Peugeot 206 1400cc 75hp

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH 80PRS
Speakers+Tweeters Amplifier: 2 x Hifonics Colossus Generation X3
Bass Amplifiers: 2 x Taramps HD8000 (quadraple copper terminals by Toolmaker Metalworkz)
Tweeters: 6 x Digital Designs VO-B2 + 4 x Beyma CP21/f
Midrange Speakers: 20 x 8" Beyma 8M100 Nd
Subwoofers: 2 x Digital Designs 9918 walled
Alternators: Mechman 320A universal + Bosch 260A
RCA: Dragster OFC twisted triple shielded
Wires: 0gauge big3 upgrade with SP audio, Currents with SP audio, Grounds with Rockford Fosgate
Batteries: 980AH of power with copper rails.
Alarm: Python 5303P

So far 161.4 dB with a Cadence 9kW @ Salamina 2014.

Posted

Anyone?

2007 Peugeot 206 1400cc 75hp

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH 80PRS
Speakers+Tweeters Amplifier: 2 x Hifonics Colossus Generation X3
Bass Amplifiers: 2 x Taramps HD8000 (quadraple copper terminals by Toolmaker Metalworkz)
Tweeters: 6 x Digital Designs VO-B2 + 4 x Beyma CP21/f
Midrange Speakers: 20 x 8" Beyma 8M100 Nd
Subwoofers: 2 x Digital Designs 9918 walled
Alternators: Mechman 320A universal + Bosch 260A
RCA: Dragster OFC twisted triple shielded
Wires: 0gauge big3 upgrade with SP audio, Currents with SP audio, Grounds with Rockford Fosgate
Batteries: 980AH of power with copper rails.
Alarm: Python 5303P

So far 161.4 dB with a Cadence 9kW @ Salamina 2014.

Posted

I don't believe that Jacob is using his soft parts on other manufacturers woofers any longer. PSI would be your best bet for a recone.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Posted

Why don't you get an original DD recone kit ?

I hace one I can sell to you, but I live too far !!!

You may like a frankenwoofer : DD 9500 with sundown recone kit ! I would not even try that !

Good luck.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers :  Audison AP 8.9 with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a sealed box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

 

Posted

Why don't you get an original DD recone kit ?

I hace one I can sell to you, but I live too far !!!

You may like a frankenwoofer : DD 9500 with sundown recone kit ! I would not even try that !

Good luck.

Because..... I like the excessive foam souround and the 10" spiders.... :) But I want to keep my motors. I can't afford importing full subwoofers.

Also, here in Greece, "frankenwoofers" are widely known :)

Soundstream XXX motor with T3 TSNS softparts.... ESX Quantum motor with TSNS parts..... Mojo motors with Fi parts..... etc etc etc etc... :)

2007 Peugeot 206 1400cc 75hp

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH 80PRS
Speakers+Tweeters Amplifier: 2 x Hifonics Colossus Generation X3
Bass Amplifiers: 2 x Taramps HD8000 (quadraple copper terminals by Toolmaker Metalworkz)
Tweeters: 6 x Digital Designs VO-B2 + 4 x Beyma CP21/f
Midrange Speakers: 20 x 8" Beyma 8M100 Nd
Subwoofers: 2 x Digital Designs 9918 walled
Alternators: Mechman 320A universal + Bosch 260A
RCA: Dragster OFC twisted triple shielded
Wires: 0gauge big3 upgrade with SP audio, Currents with SP audio, Grounds with Rockford Fosgate
Batteries: 980AH of power with copper rails.
Alarm: Python 5303P

So far 161.4 dB with a Cadence 9kW @ Salamina 2014.

Posted

I don't believe that Jacob is using his soft parts on other manufacturers woofers any longer. PSI would be your best bet for a recone.

I use right now PSI voice coils . :) But what I wanted is the Z v4 recone.... :)

2007 Peugeot 206 1400cc 75hp

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH 80PRS
Speakers+Tweeters Amplifier: 2 x Hifonics Colossus Generation X3
Bass Amplifiers: 2 x Taramps HD8000 (quadraple copper terminals by Toolmaker Metalworkz)
Tweeters: 6 x Digital Designs VO-B2 + 4 x Beyma CP21/f
Midrange Speakers: 20 x 8" Beyma 8M100 Nd
Subwoofers: 2 x Digital Designs 9918 walled
Alternators: Mechman 320A universal + Bosch 260A
RCA: Dragster OFC twisted triple shielded
Wires: 0gauge big3 upgrade with SP audio, Currents with SP audio, Grounds with Rockford Fosgate
Batteries: 980AH of power with copper rails.
Alarm: Python 5303P

So far 161.4 dB with a Cadence 9kW @ Salamina 2014.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3164 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...