jmanjr82 Posted February 27, 2014 Report Posted February 27, 2014 Here is the deal: A guy I work with wants a box built for a Skar audio VD 12 D2 that will be powered by a Skar Lp550.1 in a honda accord. He already bought a 4ft X 8ft sheet of 3/4 Birch Ply wood. usable dimensions are: Height: 15 Width: 24 Depth: 18 That would be 2.9 Ft^3 Gross I was trying different dimensions in Torres, but I cant seem to get the damn thing tuned lower than 37hz for some reason. The guy listens to 99% Rap so I figured tuning 32hz-34hz maybe? Any help would be much appreciated.
Joe X Posted February 27, 2014 Report Posted February 27, 2014 You should have 30+ inches width on that Accord.
jmanjr82 Posted February 27, 2014 Author Report Posted February 27, 2014 I guess I am not understanding why in the hell its being such a pain in the dick to design an enclosure for a single 12. I didn't think it needed to be over 30 wide and the guy wants to keep as much trunk space as possible.
jmanjr82 Posted February 27, 2014 Author Report Posted February 27, 2014 how about this? Height:15 Width: 32 Depth: 15 Port: Height: 13.5 Width: 2 Length 30 Puts me at 3.22 gross volume tuned to 32hz 2 cubes net I don't know what else to do to get the damn net box size down. The sub calls for 1.5 cubes ported total.
Joe X Posted February 27, 2014 Report Posted February 27, 2014 Here is what I've got, careful with power is just a 2" coil lower Xmax sub. Subsonic filter to 28Hz:
jmanjr82 Posted February 27, 2014 Author Report Posted February 27, 2014 Thank you sweet baby jesus! I will give this a shot.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.