Component help

dangaranga

I would do what the guide says, its got info. That is to help seal the MDF to the doors so there are no air leaks. And Crossover will take care of it.

thanks

Brandon

2000 Furd Ranger supercab 4x4

System:

welding wire throughout the truck

USalts 390amp Hairpin

Juicebox in stock location

8 Banks of maxwell supercaps

2 American Bass Vfl 1100.1 wired to .35 each

2 Fi Audio Sp4 18's ( the DD sc 9918's smoked)

Pioneer radio with Soundstream PA mids Powered by a nice sized soundstream 2 channel

It's pronounced (dain-ja rain-ja) :ph34r:

2001 2 door focus

1 DD9918 SC 

Well I'm back home from college, and the components showed up in great time (thanks Sonic!) Might start the install tomorrow if i have time.

Brandon

System:

USalts 390amp Hairpin

Pioneer radio with Soundstream PA mids Powered by a nice sized soundstream 2 channel

2001 2 door focus

1 DD9918 SC 

I got them installed, didn't take any install pics (too damn cold, just wanted to get it done) BUT I did have a big face palm moment when my dad walked up mid install. I'm guessing he just wanted something to argue about, but he seen me wiring up the crossovers and asked why the hell i was using those "things" and when i tried to explain he kinda blew me off. Then the next thing he asked was why i went to "round" speakers LOL Then asked how i planned on mounting them in the oval hole. So i showed him the 1/2'' mdf adapters i made and he just laughed and said to just screw them somewhere onto the door skin and not bother with adapters. lmfao I can't believe the shit he says sometimes

Brandon

System:

USalts 390amp Hairpin

2001 2 door focus

1 DD9918 SC 

Cool, i hope you like your new speakers, pics would have been nice. I just finished my brothers 09 Ranger single cab build and it turned out great! The Pioneer APPRADIO is a nice HU, I installed RF P683s in the stock locations in the doors and behind the seats. Sound deadened and accoustic foamed the doors & pods behind the seats. The P683s are ran off a RF PBR300x4 @ 85 watts x 4 and sound really good doing it on HP. The RF slime R2D210 enclosure ran off a P300x1 @ 2 ohm (452 rms) sounds good and fill the cab with great lows. I took a bunch of pics but have yet to post the build log. Coming soon.

When you get a chance make a vid when it warms up.

I grabbed these when i pulled the drivers door panel off on friday (it's not the original door)

IMG_20140307_165045_zpsilowmbx3.jpg

IMG_20140307_165038_zpstondc3x0.jpg

IMG_20140307_171307_zpsu7tibbtj.jpg

You can see a failed adapter on the floor. (3/4'' was too thick)

And I gotta rep SMD

IMG_20140307_141015_zpsehn1pnhm.jpg

On a side note, i really need deadener. I had to run to home depot with no door panel and im getting 1/4''-1/2'' of flex on the inside door skin when the bass hits. which is not cool.

Also would it hurt to make an mdf insert to block off that gaping hole to the left of the door panel? Maybe to make it more rigid?

Brandon

System:

USalts 390amp Hairpin

2001 2 door focus

1 DD9918 SC 

Ya, you will be tearing it all back down to deaden it this spring. It will make all the difference in the world. Nice looking truck. I will have a build log up monday and send ya a pm so you can check out what i did. Small builds are fun.

yes, closing off those holes with a material with a high density is the right way to go. (I wouldn't recommend MDF since it will swell up and lose strength as water poors through your door.)

You can use sheet metal and between the new sheetmetal and the door ,you put butyl rope (or MLV).

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Okay, so this Foam company is local to me and i can go pick up some acoustic foam. Will this product work?

http://www.foambymail.com/VA/polyethylene-foam-roll.html

Brandon

System:

USalts 390amp Hairpin

2001 2 door focus

1 DD9918 SC 

Yes, take the 4lbs density, i assume it's 4lbs/sq ft, if not and it equals to less then 1lbs per sq ft you should find something else.

The denser the closed cell foam the better it is at stopping sound, lead would be a good alternative.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Ok so i over estimated and bought a 5'x5' section of foam LOL and each door ended up with between 2 and 3 layers of 1/4'' thick foam. And i gotta say the components sound MUCH better. Now they can get the rearview mirror to vibrate in their own too. Definitely worth it

Brandon

System:

USalts 390amp Hairpin

2001 2 door focus

1 DD9918 SC 

Archived