Second Skin Audio

Sundown SA 15 box help

Hey i just ordered 2 sundown sa15 d4 subs the other day and im looking to build a box pretty soon. I have been looking on here for some designs and i have found a single sa 15 box that i could use. i would just have to make two boxes and make like a beauty board so it looks nice and also its a tight fit so that would make sure they fit in my back seats.

Here is a design i got off here from Joe x.

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 32 Hz
Vb = 3.7 ft^3

External Height = 17 in
External Width = 33 in
External Depth = 19 in

Port Width = 3 1/2 in

Cut Sheet List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.
* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

Front = 28 3/4 x 15 1/2
Back = 33 x 15 1/2

Left & Right Sides:
Side 1 = 17 1/2 x 15 1/2
Side 2 = 18 1/4 x 15 1/2

Top & Bottom = 33 x 19

L Port Internal Assembly Parts:

Front to Back = 14 x 15 1/2
Extension = 11 1/4 x 15 1/2

Assembly guide (generic dimensions):

12SFPFSW.jpg

If i used this box design i would make each box separate instead of making one big box with two separate chambers. the ports would be facing the front on the top. so the box would be pretty much on its side. I listen to pretty much only metal so i want a "SQ" build i guess you could say. Im also powering these subs off of a Ct Sounds 2500.1

1382865_690221417656432_1767504675_n.jpg

heres another design that i found from joe x also

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 35 Hz
Vb = 7 ft^3

External Height = 16.5 in
External Width = 39.5 in
External Depth = 28.25 in

Port Width = 6 1/2 in

Cut Sheet List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.
* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

2x Front = 16 1/2 x 15
2x Front Internal = 15 x 15
Back = 39 1/2 x 15

Left & Right Sides: 26 3/4 x 15

Top & Bottom = 39 1/2 x 28 1/4

Shared Port Internal Assembly Parts:

2 x Front to Back = 18 1/4 x 15

Assembly guide (generic dimensions):

T-SFPFDBNoturn-1.jpg

Important notes:

- The 45s if you want to do them are 2 1/2" wide.

- All boxes built outside the vehicle need to fit in their way in not just have the right dimensions.

- This box should be operated around subwoofer(s) rated power. If that´s not the case, let me know.

- The port needs 6 1/2" of free airspace in front of it for proper operation.

- Setting your amp subsonic filter to 28Hz is suggested.

The only thing about this box is that i plan on giving them about 1000 watts each so i dont know if this would be a good box.

im taking my back seats out and making a platform from the back seats to the trunk. Subs in the cabin and amps in the trunk. So if either of these boxes would work on about 1000 watts on each sub or which would be better. Just trying to get some opinions so thanks in advance

Backseat located enclosures perform poorly unhappily, when there's no space in the trunk a wall is the thing to do.

Could i make a box put it in the back seats and seal the trunk off? or does it have to actually be a wall that you build into the car?

I would say stil no. Not only as joe said it will sound like poop but it is also super unsafe. You have a good change of getting killed with the box there IMO. Figure 100 pounds for the box and another 50-75 for the subs so about 200pounds smashing agents your back seet in a accident or you having to stop hard for some reason...... Not a good idea. Cancel the order and get 12's or 10's or wall the car.

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Also if you want listen to metal and want sq IMO you bought the wrong subs. sa's are good subs but the x series sounds so much better IMO.

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Also if you want listen to metal and want sq IMO you bought the wrong subs. sa's are good subs but the x series sounds so much better IMO.

Damn that's disappointing. Well thanks for the advice though. I'm already suppose to get them tomorrow so Idk.

Archived