Second Skin Audio

pf p3 bandpass

so my cousin has a 01 impalla and ive talked him into cutting his rear deck to do a blow threw with a bandpass enclosure. being u uses his trunk alot i figured this would be the best way as it would allow him most of his trunk and keep the woofers protected. the idea is subs firing up into the ported partition 100% externail port. goiing threw the rear deck. outside of the port would be flared large enough to cover up our cuts and look apearling. the other end of the port would have a flange that would alow us to bolt it to the box. i plugged the numbers into bass box pro for optimum and this is what it gives me for a pair.

what do you guys thing of these specs. being i dont have actual measurements yet i figured this would be the best way to go just to get an idea as to what were looking at. not a very large box at all when you consider what its going into..

ifo8p0.png

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

title should be rf not pf

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Is 42 hz right? Its a little on the high side. Might not get the lows he likes depending on the music he listens to. There are a few builds on here that port thru the rear deck. Do a search in the subwoofer topics for more ideas. But ya totally possible if done right.

to my understanding a 40 ish tuned bandpass will smash lows

Is 42 hz right? Its a little on the high side. Might not get the lows he likes depending on the music he listens to.

What? This is a bandpass enclosure, tuning is not the same as it is for vented.

And at that 42Hz is a lower number. lol

The sealed portion of a 4th order bandpass will create the low end of the response curve. The vented section controls the upper-end roll-off.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

any input as to what bassbox pro has suggested though as to if this bandpass would be a good choice?

Archived