Second Skin Audio

New Rockford P3

so today my type r blew because of my stupidity about how bass boost is bad for it and how it can destroy your sub and this is how it destroyed mine

IMG_0608.jpg

IMG_0609.jpg

IMG_0610-1.jpg

but thank god i have a best buy warranty so i took it up and they looked at how fucked up it was and gave me the thumbs up to get a new sub but they didnt have any type r's but they had one rockford p3 so i said ok and bought another warranty because it save me 200 bucks for a new sub

here is the new monster

IMG_0620.jpg

IMG_0621.jpg

IMG_0622.jpg

IMG_0624-1.jpg

IMG_0628-1.jpg

but i have a question the type r was simple to set to 2 ohm because they gave you little wires and an easy guide to set it up but the rockford's terminals are on opposite sides and i have to use speaker wire to set it up to 2ohm does it matter what kind of speaker wire i use like negative or positive

like this

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woof...ohmDVC_2ohm.gif

just buy a roll of 12 or 10 ga speaker wire and call it a day

MMM BASS OATS..ITS WHAT I HAVE FOR BREAKFAST

2 AudioQue HDC3 18'' subs

Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 mids

MMATS 2000.05

XS Power D1200

Knukonceptz 1/0

Pioneer Premier DEH-P490iB

" Shit I can roll a blunt better than those bitches in Havana!"- Uncle Elroy

Got to say, the RF P3 subs do look good. I was thinkin about 4 12s so im still undecided. How much is the best buy warranty and how long does it last?

1997 2 Door Blazer

Bagged & Body Dropped

SBC/TH350

well i have 16ga wire that i use for speaker wire i just wondering if it matters if a use negative or positive on the terminals on the sub

yes use the postive wire for the positive terminals and negative for the negative terminals

MMM BASS OATS..ITS WHAT I HAVE FOR BREAKFAST

2 AudioQue HDC3 18'' subs

Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 mids

MMATS 2000.05

XS Power D1200

Knukonceptz 1/0

Pioneer Premier DEH-P490iB

" Shit I can roll a blunt better than those bitches in Havana!"- Uncle Elroy

well i installed it and turn the bass boost off but i didnt touch the gain i turned it up but i turned it back down to 3/4 because i think thats a good spot for it

though i dont really know how to adjust the eq frequency and the L-Pass crossover

anyone know how to properly set that

u dont want anything more then 100hz really, your mid range should go down to like 70hz (correct of wrong), turn your low pass off, you dont want to be hearing any words or anything from your sub, it sounds like poo.

edit: ohh and tell me how it sounds.. is it better the ur type r?

Edited by jonathancullen89

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

how do i turn the low pass off theres also a subsonic filter is that what it is

well i havent done a whole lot of listening yet but it sounds decent but my amp is fully tuned i need to get a dmm so i can get the gains right but its not as loud anymore probably cause the bass boost is off

its also in a prefab box that is beginning to fall apart cause its shit but according to rockfords recommended box size and tuning my box is perfect rockford prefers 1.79ft^3 ported and tuned at 40hz which is what mine is around but im still going to build a 2.4-2.7or8 ft^3 box tuned to 34hz cause i bet that will even sound better and i could turn up the power

Edited by .Supra.

yeah prefabed suck, none of my amp have a subsonic filter and just a filter. just turn the little dial to below 100hz and turn your low pass on, should be set. and also low tuned boxes are harder on your subs if you go over thier power handling and clip them, you will have a better frequency roll off and it will sound better but i would go cranking your gain and bass boost again.

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-