Dominick Samayoa Posted March 5, 2014 Report Posted March 5, 2014 Hello All: First post here. I own a Jaguar S-Type, and I plan on purchasing ONE Orion HCCA 12" for it. I have a bunch of questions before I make my purchase. 1. Do I get a 2 or 4 ohm? 2. Does anyone have any suggestions on an amp to pair with this beast? my price range is up to $1000.00 3. Should I consider a new alternator? 4. Should I purchase a second battery to power this? 5. Wiring and Cap suggestions? 6. Sound proofing? is this necessary for one 12 of this calibur? 7. Who would you recommend for a box and install (Bay Area, Sacramento, even Fresno area). A little info before you help me out. I live in a rural country town. Everything i do will require travelling and/or online purchases. The head unit if it matters, is a Pioneer AVH-4600BT. I've usually just bought a simple box and had an instlaler put it all together for me, but since I no longer live in a city, I have to get advice before I invest here. Ultimately I don't want to spend over $5,000.00 for the system. I've been told I can get away with a great 1.5k watt setup for under $3k. But I want to get the MOST boom out of this Subwoofer and have been told that with the proper investment and a great box build this is totally achievable. I really appreciate everyone's input in advance! thank you for helping me get my car sounding proper and LOUD!
timc31610 Posted March 6, 2014 Report Posted March 6, 2014 Are you dead set on the Orion? It's not a bad sub but for the money there is better. Also, this may not be posted in the proper forum, should probably be in the amplifier and alternator/electrical section. My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
boom50cal Posted March 6, 2014 Report Posted March 6, 2014 From what I've seen here, Del Ray Customs is arguably the best shop to go to in California... They have their own section here on the forum. Go check out their work. TOP NOTCH On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said: Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.
lgnmgr Posted March 6, 2014 Report Posted March 6, 2014 if you do decide to go with the orion sub they have it here for the best price i've seen http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_17772_Orion_HCCA122.aspx but before you decide definitely check out sundown and DC subs
Dominick Samayoa Posted March 8, 2014 Author Report Posted March 8, 2014 I'm not DEAD set on the Orion, from some of the installers, they've been saying that the box I need for it will be too big for my trunk. My battery is in the trunk also. so they think it may pose a problem. One guy suggested getting two RF T1D412's which would would still allow me to gain access to my battery without taking the whole box out if necessary. If anyone else has any suggestions, I'm more than open to them. I've even considered a W7, but It looks like with a W7, I may have the same box issue
lgnmgr Posted March 8, 2014 Report Posted March 8, 2014 I'm not DEAD set on the Orion, from some of the installers, they've been saying that the box I need for it will be too big for my trunk. My battery is in the trunk also. so they think it may pose a problem. One guy suggested getting two RF T1D412's which would would still allow me to gain access to my battery without taking the whole box out if necessary. If anyone else has any suggestions, I'm more than open to them. I've even considered a W7, but It looks like with a W7, I may have the same box issue how would the box for 1 12 be bigger then a box for 2 12's?
Seymore Posted March 9, 2014 Report Posted March 9, 2014 I'm not DEAD set on the Orion, from some of the installers, they've been saying that the box I need for it will be too big for my trunk. My battery is in the trunk also. so they think it may pose a problem. One guy suggested getting two RF T1D412's which would would still allow me to gain access to my battery without taking the whole box out if necessary. If anyone else has any suggestions, I'm more than open to them. I've even considered a W7, but It looks like with a W7, I may have the same box issue how would the box for 1 12 be bigger then a box for 2 12's? >shop may be advising prefab >ew prefab 2001 Civic LX SedanPioneer DEH-7500HD Big 3 in 1/0 Knu CCARockford P500-4RF Punch P165-S in doorsRF Punch P165 in rear deckFront doors deadened with DamplifierNextSQ's new HDS208 8" in a T-line whenever it FINALLY COMES OUT I CAN FINALLY AFFORD IT Bend over and I'll show ya. how is it 2 days work? half a day at most, i may be an idiot, but im not an idiot.
truthsayer Posted March 9, 2014 Report Posted March 9, 2014 That is a great subwoofer, hell my boy ran two of them until they where stolen. Anyways their are alot of good subs now a days. I would look around, listen, and then decide on which brand and size you want. sundon, Fi. Dc. DD etc just a few examples. As far as amps there are also lots of good ones to choose from. just a few examples. Sundown, dd, Dc, Sq, etc. truthsayer
timc31610 Posted March 9, 2014 Report Posted March 9, 2014 That is a great subwoofer, hell my boy ran two of them until they where stolen. Anyways their are alot of good subs now a days. I would look around, listen, and then decide on which brand and size you want. sundon, Fi. Dc. DD etc just a few examples. As far as amps there are also lots of good ones to choose from. just a few examples. Sundown, dd, Dc, Sq, etc. All great options, definitely shop around before buying. Also do not go with a prefab box or you might as well get some Pioneer subs from Walmart...lol My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Dominick Samayoa Posted March 10, 2014 Author Report Posted March 10, 2014 I defnitely plan on having someone build a custom box. Common sense tells me that 2 12's in a box SHOULD be bigger than one 12. I think he was referring to length though. The trunk space is pretty small. I've taken it to a couple places locally but I don't have many options here. They are not very helpful with my questions and yes they were quoting prefab boxes. One guy even told me "i have built some custom boxes that are for sale." I told him that I thought each custom box was built for a specific reason and assumed it wouldn't perform well with an entirely different sub, he was like "naw" I'm not going back to that guy!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.