Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Subwoofer box placement port dir.


Jay Davis

Recommended Posts

Posted

I built a box for three subs for my truck it is a slot ported and I'm just wondering which is the Best way to install the box port facing forward or port facing towards the back hatch door of the Yukon ? I've heard that it sounds best facing the back door but I'm not sure I'm looking for some input because I need to know where to bring my wire up through the floor for the batteries and wiring for amp installation. Not sure how input pics is post when I figure out I will post some

2003 GMC Yukon Denali Xl

Head unit - Sony 701hd / three Powerbass 3xl 12' / Mids -six Audiopipe apmb-6 mid bass,

highs- six Audiopipe atr3721 3 3/4 tweets + two Lanzar super bullet tweets /

sub amp- Hifonics Brutus 2400.1d / highs amp- Hifonics Brutus 640.4 ,

two HC2000 kinetic / wire-Sky high car audio 0/1, 8 gauge, 12 gauge, 16 gauge / 300 amp Ohio gen. alternator

Posted

20140213_140119_zps7mjtezke.jpg

20140219_100508_zps42yu2vq8.jpg

2003 GMC Yukon Denali Xl

Head unit - Sony 701hd / three Powerbass 3xl 12' / Mids -six Audiopipe apmb-6 mid bass,

highs- six Audiopipe atr3721 3 3/4 tweets + two Lanzar super bullet tweets /

sub amp- Hifonics Brutus 2400.1d / highs amp- Hifonics Brutus 640.4 ,

two HC2000 kinetic / wire-Sky high car audio 0/1, 8 gauge, 12 gauge, 16 gauge / 300 amp Ohio gen. alternator

Posted

What is your reasoning

2003 GMC Yukon Denali Xl

Head unit - Sony 701hd / three Powerbass 3xl 12' / Mids -six Audiopipe apmb-6 mid bass,

highs- six Audiopipe atr3721 3 3/4 tweets + two Lanzar super bullet tweets /

sub amp- Hifonics Brutus 2400.1d / highs amp- Hifonics Brutus 640.4 ,

two HC2000 kinetic / wire-Sky high car audio 0/1, 8 gauge, 12 gauge, 16 gauge / 300 amp Ohio gen. alternator

Posted

For facing the hatch would it rattle less if facing the rear hatch

2003 GMC Yukon Denali Xl

Head unit - Sony 701hd / three Powerbass 3xl 12' / Mids -six Audiopipe apmb-6 mid bass,

highs- six Audiopipe atr3721 3 3/4 tweets + two Lanzar super bullet tweets /

sub amp- Hifonics Brutus 2400.1d / highs amp- Hifonics Brutus 640.4 ,

two HC2000 kinetic / wire-Sky high car audio 0/1, 8 gauge, 12 gauge, 16 gauge / 300 amp Ohio gen. alternator

Posted

Pretty much the hatch acts as a resonator, it bounces the bass back towards the cab.

it'll probably rattle more though

2001 Civic LX Sedan
Pioneer DEH-7500HD

Big 3 in 1/0 Knu CCA
Rockford P500-4
RF Punch P165-S in doors
RF Punch P165 in rear deck
Front doors deadened with Damplifier

Next
SQ's new HDS208 8" in a T-line whenever it FINALLY COMES OUT I CAN FINALLY AFFORD IT
:dammit:

Bend over and I'll show ya.

how is it 2 days work? half a day at most, i may be an idiot, but im not an idiot.

Posted

It doesn't act as a resonator, but it does add to the loading of the output and increase volume to have more "walls" next to the outputs.

This link explains it a whole lot. Just think of a horn, like from a football game, the angle that it has allows the sound to have a very large acoustical load and "amplifies" the sound.

http://www.trueaudio.com/st_spcs1.htm

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Posted

thanks for the replies

2003 GMC Yukon Denali Xl

Head unit - Sony 701hd / three Powerbass 3xl 12' / Mids -six Audiopipe apmb-6 mid bass,

highs- six Audiopipe atr3721 3 3/4 tweets + two Lanzar super bullet tweets /

sub amp- Hifonics Brutus 2400.1d / highs amp- Hifonics Brutus 640.4 ,

two HC2000 kinetic / wire-Sky high car audio 0/1, 8 gauge, 12 gauge, 16 gauge / 300 amp Ohio gen. alternator

Posted

thanks for the replies

You can always try it both ways on a temp install, you will need a minimum clearance to the rear gate equivalent to the height of the port window, hopefully you accounted for that.

Posted

I have more then enough room for it to face the rear temp install I would like to do but nothing is actually in for that to work and when installed were it goes is where is going to start unless it sounds that bad I will try it facing the rear and hopefully it will sound good if noti will have no choice but to switch it around

2003 GMC Yukon Denali Xl

Head unit - Sony 701hd / three Powerbass 3xl 12' / Mids -six Audiopipe apmb-6 mid bass,

highs- six Audiopipe atr3721 3 3/4 tweets + two Lanzar super bullet tweets /

sub amp- Hifonics Brutus 2400.1d / highs amp- Hifonics Brutus 640.4 ,

two HC2000 kinetic / wire-Sky high car audio 0/1, 8 gauge, 12 gauge, 16 gauge / 300 amp Ohio gen. alternator

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3164 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...