OzzieComm Posted March 7, 2014 Report Posted March 7, 2014 Hi All, I have this box with port, will this fit the SQ 12" HDS312 or should I put the 15" (of the same flavor) instead,looking to run off the SQ Q1-1200D Thxs all. OzzieComm nothing to see here...
ChevyBoy95 Posted March 7, 2014 Report Posted March 7, 2014 you will want the 15. That box is too big for a single 12. and btw, .3 subwoofer displacement is massive for a single woofer, probably the only one that big is a 21 or 24in woofer. 15s are generally .15-.2 or so a piece for what it is worth. Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's] BL : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/
OzzieComm Posted March 7, 2014 Author Report Posted March 7, 2014 you will want the 15. That box is too big for a single 12. and btw, .3 subwoofer displacement is massive for a single woofer, probably the only one that big is a 21 or 24in woofer. 15s are generally .15-.2 or so a piece for what it is worth. mate, thanks for the heads up on the woofer displacement. perhaps 2 12's then? nothing to see here...
ChevyBoy95 Posted March 7, 2014 Report Posted March 7, 2014 you will want the 15. That box is too big for a single 12. and btw, .3 subwoofer displacement is massive for a single woofer, probably the only one that big is a 21 or 24in woofer. 15s are generally .15-.2 or so a piece for what it is worth. mate, thanks for the heads up on the woofer displacement. perhaps 2 12's then? 2 12's would probably work. Would have a bit of cone area advantage over the single 15. edit: well, wait a second, your port is WAAAAAAY too small. For 2 12's or a single 15, i would use 1 PSP 6" aero port with the flared ends. Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's] BL : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/
OzzieComm Posted March 7, 2014 Author Report Posted March 7, 2014 Chev, Thank you. OK, lets say I do 2 12's and a aero port (aero port like this?) sound good? nothing to see here...
ChevyBoy95 Posted March 7, 2014 Report Posted March 7, 2014 that is the exact port im talking about. Maxes out at 17" long, so just either use it full length or cut it down to whatever needed. Should sound great and BANG down low. If you keep your same volume and make it say 15" or so long, will give you a nice daily tuning of about 34-35hz. Only thing im worried about is the flares are ~9" in diameter, so the internal flare might hit one of the magnets. One way to easily avoid this is invert them [the subs]. Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's] BL : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/
OzzieComm Posted March 7, 2014 Author Report Posted March 7, 2014 Hmmm, good point fella, mate thank you for the info. time to get the Credit Card out.... 2 12's I reckon nothing to see here...
Markous Posted March 7, 2014 Report Posted March 7, 2014 Building with 5/8th's material with that much power is gonna cause some enclosure flex. '07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said: of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger. only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers
ChevyBoy95 Posted March 7, 2014 Report Posted March 7, 2014 Building with 5/8th's material with that much power is gonna cause some enclosure flex. not if he braces it correctly, and it is 1200w, you could build the box out of 1/2in if he wanted as long as it is braced. Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's] BL : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/
Markous Posted March 7, 2014 Report Posted March 7, 2014 Building with 5/8th's material with that much power is gonna cause some enclosure flex. not if he braces it correctly, and it is 1200w, you could build the box out of 1/2in if he wanted as long as it is braced. Agreed '07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said: of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger. only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.