Second Skin Audio

help designing a sub box

i ordered 2 skar audio vvxv2 10's i need help designing the box for them here are my maximum deminsons (inches) to work with

height-16.5

depth-11.5

width-42

i would like to get it tuned to 32 hz.

can some one plz help me with this deign.

i used skars recommended box design and tweeked it better to fit my car. but i can use there design. i want to see if can get my deminsons to work.

Here's the dual sub version BUT goes above your max depth, had to limit width so that can fit through the trunk opening, building a cardboard dummy box would be needed to test fit before attempting to build:

2_vvx2_10.jpg

2skar10.jpg

45s are 2 1/2 wide except the one inside the port brace is 1" wooden dowel rod. Power to subs: around rated power.

For two 10's I'd go with one 6" port in the middle or two 4" ports on either side or the middle.

If you're using areo ports, then you can just mess around with torres calc and get a good idea.

2001 Civic LX Sedan
Pioneer DEH-7500HD

Big 3 in 1/0 Knu CCA
Rockford P500-4
RF Punch P165-S in doors
RF Punch P165 in rear deck
Front doors deadened with Damplifier

Next
SQ's new HDS208 8" in a T-line whenever it FINALLY COMES OUT I CAN FINALLY AFFORD IT
:dammit:

Bend over and I'll show ya.

how is it 2 days work? half a day at most, i may be an idiot, but im not an idiot.

i was trying not to lose all of my trunk space. how about an areo port design?

Those are pretty higher displacement subs, you could manage to cut 2-3 inches with a turning or side firing 6" round but you'd compromise efficiency IMO not worth it. There are many ways to lesser box size if you don't mind losing efficiency.

Archived