Krakin Posted March 19, 2014 Report Posted March 19, 2014 Check out this website on DIY pvc flaring. The larger the flare the more velocity that can travel through the port without obstruction, until you hit the core limit. The core limit is the most velocity you can get through said diameter no matter the flare. Edit: forgot link to site :facepalm: http://www.subwoofer-builder.com/flares-25mm.htm Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
Jeremy Coc Posted March 19, 2014 Author Report Posted March 19, 2014 Are you saying my 19" long 6" port needs to flare out 20" in diameter at the end? If so that's ridiculous Just saw the link will have a read later, have to go to work
Jeremy Coc Posted March 19, 2014 Author Report Posted March 19, 2014 Just read through that link. I planned to do that a very simerlar way. I guess I now need assistance in translating the calculators output to pipe design. So as my above post is that saying a 19" pipe with then a 20" diameter flare at the end?
Krakin Posted March 19, 2014 Report Posted March 19, 2014 Try a 25mm radius flare, or as big as you can. Just flaring it a little bit gives a dramatic increase in performance. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
Jeremy Coc Posted March 19, 2014 Author Report Posted March 19, 2014 Yeha 25mm was what I'd originally planned. So plan as it stands is two 6" radius ports 19" long with around a 1 - 2 inch flare
timc31610 Posted March 19, 2014 Report Posted March 19, 2014 Torres isn't the best option for finding the tuning for multiple aero-ports. The calculator that does is already linked above. I should have pointed out that I wasn't recommending torres for his port calculations but more for informational purposes to visibly see the relationship between port area and port length for tuning. My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.