TLINE FOR SINGLE 12

I am planning a tline build for my 12" and need to know measurements so I don't waste what wood I have! I've seen pictures of the boxes online with every measure of each piece of wood but I have no idea if they are for a single 12 or 15. If anyone could please help me Id really appreciate it!! It will be in my bedroom on 400watts along with 3 other 12s. Let me know something plz!!

So basically a transmission line is going to be just one big port. That port is going to be the length of 1/4 of the length of the wave of the frequency you want to tune to. The area of the port will need to be greater than or equal to (I think) the cone area of the sub. (To find the wavelength there are ways to do it with math, but the easiest is just to Google it. The calculaters use the same formula just let them do the work. To find the area of the cone its just ( pi x radius(squared))

That's pretty much what I know. I'm thinking that the tune should be the same as the fs of the sub but at this point its getting into more than I can explain or even know.

Yeh I know how to tune I am just wanting to build the box because I'm not sure what sub ill have in it and I don't want to start building and then mess up because I am low on cash and wood. I just need some accurate measurements of any 12 in a tline. But thanks for responding man.

You do the math based off the specific drivers specs.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

^ that

and i wouldnt do 1 tline 12 and 3 other 12s in a different enclosure but thats just me

that and a tline for a 15 is gonna be alot bigger than the same 12"

Car: 2000 Honda CRV

Battery: XS Power D5100R

Alternator: Stock 90A

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS

Front Speakers: Alpine Type S

Rear Speakers: JBL GTO 628's

Wires: All Knu 4g. Soon to be 0g. Big 3 in 0g

Volt Meter: SMD VM-1

Amps: Rockford Fosgate T400-2, T1000-1bdCP

Subs: 2 SSA XCON 15's Sealed

Tint: Privacy glass + 5% in the back and 25% in fronts