Sonic Electronix

2011 jetta 2.0 build for friend - suggestions?

Hey there OP, John is typically a really helpful guy. I don't know if he was trying to come across as snarky, he doesn't usually. Just a disclaimer though, he's either Australian or a Kiwi from New Zealand. Bad Grammar is for the lack of fucks to be given.

As far as the post goes looking for help, I'd suggest Fosgate T1 components in the 6.5" versions. A good amp to power them would be a Fosgate P400-2.

I saw he was Australian right from the beginning (it's marked under his location) but that doesn't give him an excuse to 'assume' things about me and come off as snarky he did in his first post. I have family in Australia and they don't have the same attitude as him, so it definitely isn't because he's from there. Maybe he had a bad day.

He was much more helpful in his third post so I am happy about that.

Thanks for the suggestions, I always wanted to do a rockford setup and this is a great excuse. I always though of rockford as a bit expensive for what you are getting but a budget Rockford setup would do my friend good.

Just debating what Rockford series to go with since I am leaning towards front components with matching rears (non-component) 6.5 all on a single 4-channel and it becomes slightly more difficult to fit into his budget with that and a sub. Which is why I am debating also keeping his stock head unit but a line-out converter might not be worth it if it costs more than half of a decent/basic aftermarket head unit. I'll do more research though.

2018 Golf R - Stealth SQ system build - C508GTI front (active), 2x Pioneer Z10LS4, Zapco DSPZ8, Clarion DPX11551 (Mono amp), Pioneer GM-D8604 (front stage amp), Pioneer GM-A3702 (rear fill amp)

SOLD! 2011 Subaru STI - 'modest' passive sq system - JBL p660c component (front) JBL P662 (rear) JBL W10GTI (sealed enclosure) 4ch JBL GO1004 (150RMSx4), Clarion DPX11551 mono amp (+-1200RMS@3ohms)

RF makes a good LOC called the BLD and it's supposed to be one of the best there is. LOCs are known to give dirty signal when they boost the voltage from HU to amp. Keep that in mind for sure.

The Fosgate P400-4 might be a good amp. Finding one used shouldn't be a problem. You're a little too late, but I sold my Power T400-4 a couple of weeks ago for a great price.

P.S. I'm getting disowned by a friend for selling all of my Fosgate gear. I'm pretty sure he's making a voodoo doll as we speak since he thinks I've been unfaithful to the RF AND have turned my back(I haven't).

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

RF makes a good LOC called the BLD and it's supposed to be one of the best there is. LOCs are known to give dirty signal when they boost the voltage from HU to amp. Keep that in mind for sure.

The Fosgate P400-4 might be a good amp. Finding one used shouldn't be a problem. You're a little too late, but I sold my Power T400-4 a couple of weeks ago for a great price.

P.S. I'm getting disowned by a friend for selling all of my Fosgate gear. I'm pretty sure he's making a voodoo doll as we speak since he thinks I've been unfaithful to the RF AND have turned my back(I haven't).

aah it's cool, i'm from Canada anyway so shipping and getting things over the border (especially used stuff) is more of a pain than it is worth. I buy all my stuff in the US and ship it to the border then pick it up if it is for me but I doubt my friend will be willing to do that :P

2018 Golf R - Stealth SQ system build - C508GTI front (active), 2x Pioneer Z10LS4, Zapco DSPZ8, Clarion DPX11551 (Mono amp), Pioneer GM-D8604 (front stage amp), Pioneer GM-A3702 (rear fill amp)

SOLD! 2011 Subaru STI - 'modest' passive sq system - JBL p660c component (front) JBL P662 (rear) JBL W10GTI (sealed enclosure) 4ch JBL GO1004 (150RMSx4), Clarion DPX11551 mono amp (+-1200RMS@3ohms)

Archived