Second Skin Audio

Building my first box

LemonyGuy

I'm getting an Audioque SDC2.5 15 and will be needing a box. I made a box in RE Box calculator but I was told on another forum that RE isn't the best for box designs. I'm good with wood so building is a problem but this designing thing is way over my head. I heard you guys can help my dilemma. The max the box can be 17in high, 24in wide and 34in long. If the sub was mounted on top then it would have to be dropped to like 15-16 cause 17 is close. Also what is good amp that runs 600 watts at 2 ohms? Right now I'm looking at JBL gto amp that puts out 500 at 2 ohms. This one to be exact http://www.amazon.com/JBL-GTO-501EZ-Watt-Calss-Amplifier/dp/B007GYU71K. My budget for the amp is tight atm to around 150.

Thank you in advance.

I would start here. I have built a few of these boxes and they never did me wrong. They have box plans for a 15

http://www.ddaudio.com/support/box-plans

Also downloading the Torres calc will help out a lot.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

Based on the information you provide ( the assumption is that you have a trunk car and you need to build a cardboard dummy box first to make sure it will fit in it's way inside), you could do this: sub /port forward or backwards, ok with the power you have:

sdc15.jpg

12SFPFSW.jpg

Sure, the important thing is that the 45 inside the port is made in a size that allows the port width to be the same as the rest of the port, the 45 outside the port is 2 1/2" wide, if you can't do 45s well better don't do them, specially the one inside the port, it could actually hurt performance if it's too big, here is a pic:

turn.jpg

Archived