AMP TROUBLE!!

yeah, sounds like the amp isn't liking one ohm. get a plate amp and don't even mess with the batt

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

So say I rewire the kicker and the problem consists...then wat lol. I feel the impendence with such low wattage wouldn't make that big of a problem

then get a new amp if the problem persists.

I would just invest in a new amp. Sounds like a fire hazard!!!

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Yeah persists lol and yeh I'm just going to go home change my subs around and see wat happens after about 30 mins. Thanks for all the advice! This is by far the best most responsive forum I've used.

I agree on Bring imp load up as the power supply is pulling way too much current at the load you are at.... We see customers at our shop now and than with similar issues with older amps at low imp loads. We have even saw customers make jumpers with 12 awg wire and flat crimp terminals to bypass the fuse (Do NOT do this!) because it usually melts down the entire fuse section and than you have to internally make new fuse section... Good luck with it. :-)

www.c2audio.com

Car Stereo LLC

5462 Mahoning Ave.

Youngstown, OH 44515

330-953-0331

Hours: Mon-Fri 9-5 est

Yeh the filuse section is gone but I fixed the problem!! Amp wasn't liking 1ohm rewired found a coil was causing distortion so I am now running single but sounds alot better. As for the amp...I had to put a electric fence wire in it :/ but it works for now until I find another amp. Thanks everyone for all the info!! Loving this forum!

Yeh I know how stupid it is but I am always around my system while it is on and I listened to it yesterday for a good 2 hours with no problems. If I still had the kicker wired to 1 ohm then it would have melted even more but it barely got hot even after 2 hours. So no worries. Ill be getting a new amp soon.

Archived