Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

need to design enclosure for 2 sa8's


lgnmgr

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have 2 sa 8 v2 and have them in a net 1.45ft^3 tuned to 33hz and really like the way they perform. Mine are also dual 4 ohm wired to 1 ohm seeing a 1500+ rms daily.

As far as actually giving you advice on how to set up your box idk enough to feel comfortable with that yet.

o sweet, ive been wanting to ask someone with a similar setup how they sound. what kind of music do you listen to? what kind of vehicle are they in? thanks

Posted

Airspace wise you could easily do 2 10s which I would recommend over 2 8s.

While I do agree with this, I am also a sucker for 8s. I ran a single 8 for awhile then upgraded to 2 10s. I think the 8 sounded better (the box was better for sq) and got just as low but wasn't as loud, obviously. However my 8 was louder than some peoples 12s and most 10s. Granted, their boxes were prefab but still, its nice to pound and then know all of that is coming from that "little" 8.
Posted

They're in a Jeep Wrangler TJ, gave up my back seat for them!!:) hey gotta have your priorities straight. Haha

So id say our vehicles airspace is somewhat close if that is a truck pictured above?

I listen to rap and hip/hop mostly. Previously I had 2 12" Rockford p3. The 8's hit the lows 10x better than those Rockfords but in turn lack on the higher bass notes.

Posted

Airspace wise you could easily do 2 10s which I would recommend over 2 8s.

i guess my thought with the 8's instead of 10's was that while i am willing to use all that space if required for a solid enclosure, if i don't HAVE to use all of it that would be nice. because the cab isn't huge so it would be nice to keep it smaller. but im not totally against 10's, just fairly set on 8's for that reason and also that i really like the sa8 v2s

Posted

Airspace wise you could easily do 2 10s which I would recommend over 2 8s.

While I do agree with this, I am also a sucker for 8s. I ran a single 8 for awhile then upgraded to 2 10s. I think the 8 sounded better (the box was better for sq) and got just as low but wasn't as loud, obviously. However my 8 was louder than some peoples 12s and most 10s. Granted, their boxes were prefab but still, its nice to pound and then know all of that is coming from that "little" 8.

ya that is definitely part of my thinking, the wow factor of 8's is awesome

Posted

They're in a Jeep Wrangler TJ, gave up my back seat for them!! :) hey gotta have your priorities straight. Haha

So id say our vehicles airspace is somewhat close if that is a truck pictured above?

I listen to rap and hip/hop mostly. Previously I had 2 12" Rockford p3. The 8's hit the lows 10x better than those Rockfords but in turn lack on the higher bass notes.

ya the vehicle is an 03 s10 zr2. and bass is always a good top priority! lol

Posted

my thought is subs forward port up or possibly passenger side, anyone even have a guess to which way i should do it?

Posted

The wow factor of the 8's is pretty awesome!

I would go with port to one of the sides if you end up making a wedge box just because you dont want to use the angled side for part of the port if you can help it. Im sure you could if you wanted but I have no idea how to calculate that.

I would be interested to learn if anyone else knows though?

Posted

Airspace wise you could easily do 2 10s which I would recommend over 2 8s.

a question i have is would i have enough space there with the 2 8's to do a t line? ive always wanted to try one (maybe its wishful thinking?)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3403 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...