Getting it SEALED..... what to use?

Kyblack76

Isn't your substage a little hardcore? Isn't ur electrical a little hardcore?

See where Im going?

Another option is weatherstripping. Buy some thats JUST barely thicker than the gap. The factory screws will make that gap disappear.

What do you mean, factory screws? by the door handle? (no thread jack intended)

I have a decent sized gap there as well....no moisture that I'm aware of

PL Premium

lol that thing wouldn't be able to move at all. A negative would be that it would be a complete bitch to get the panels off

Something that you can break the seal with when you need to remove the panel

great stuff? and trim it. or butyl rope

God damn it, sorry guys. I can NOT stay up past 7pm these days. Teeth are taking it outta me. Just feel dead beat all the time.

I feel ya Hunter, but, id also like to know i can REMOVE them ever, if needed. That PL is some SERIOUS shit.

Tim, if you look on the door metal, where the skin meets the outside metal, youll see like 2-4 LIL slits. Im sure they put them there for some reason.

Well, My driver side door hinge pin isnt so good (i need to replace that also) and when i took it to a auto wash last week, water came in from the top, and i saw it pool up inside the door. Tells me the door is not closeing flush. Hinge pin will get replaced, but, i wouldnt mind "sealing" the entire door panel.

Now, dont laugh at me, but, either great stuff, OR, that shit seen on TV where that fat guy sprays a screen door to the bottom of a boat, and plops his fat ass in it, and it floats. Dude looks like Adams uncle or some shit. Anyway,.... im down for any ideas.....

LOL. Flex seal.

Those timy holes in the door are so water can drain out if it gets in there. Don't plug them.

I would say it was the pressure washer that blew water up in there. I would try to avoid pressure washer around that area.

I had an idea a while go to just not use those factory mounting points do this instead. Take a small block of wood. drill the block of wood horizontally into the door while it's mated against the inside bottom of the door panel. Then drill up into the door panel and wood. I haven't tried it yet. It beats lining up those damn clips

I had an idea a while go to just not use those factory mounting points do this instead. Take a small block of wood. drill the block of wood horizontally into the door while it's mated against the inside bottom of the door panel. Then drill up into the door panel and wood. I haven't tried it yet. It beats lining up those damn clips

Sounds like a good idea. Those clips are HELL to get in. Let alone take off. I got a piece of 1/4" allthread tighened up in that area on my passenger door as the gap was worse. Don't want to force something that rigid too much. Might have unwanted results. Mine made some bad sounds when I tried to force the gap closed. Like it was meant to be there.

Also, I don;t think the water is coming in through there at all. The gap is just an asthetic thing. The water is coing in from the drain holes with all that water. imo.

What scares me, is putting 300$ of mids and tweets, to fucke em up with some water.....

but, .... your right. Maybe ill do a manual wash from now on, and just pay some attention.

I do want to fill the gap of the panel to the metal though. That has to help the sound reproduction of the mids no ????

That's how my driver panel looks on my car. Same stupid clips I think I have some warping in my panel though. I would put some great stuff there to seal it.

I also wonder if it affects midbass. It should not effect the highs. I mean, most midbass drivers are infinite baffle anyways.

EDIT: do you still have the factory vapor barrier plastic on the door?

I also wonder if it affects midbass. It should not effect the highs. I mean, most midbass drivers are infinite baffle anyways.

I would think it would affect it some what. All the black you see on there, is like 30yards of DAMP PRO. I 200% covered both panels.

I want my shit sounding good. Ya know? At least give it every chance to sound good. :shrug:

I've wondered to. Maybe put some abs plastic over the holes in the door skin to "seal" it. I've seen another member do it here. My passenger door sounds like a waterfall sometimes when it rains hard.

Archived