Hey all not quite sure where to post so here it goes. I want to "tint" if u will my head and tail lights, without taking it to a tint man to do. Just looking for a more black appearance without losing the integrity of the lights. Any products that will do this? Looking for a basic and easy plasti dip sorta install. Thoughts\recommendations?

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

making the lenses anything but crystal clear is gonna hurt the brightness of them. i could see the desire to do this to your tail lights some (within reason) but i wouldn't ever suggest this on your headlights with stuff like plastic dip or paint or tint or anything like that.

if you're seeking that look for your headlights maybe look at getting black lens covers for your car. haven't done any research on them at all but im guessing they would work like a one way window. but id make sure of that.

(i've seen my friends nice 240sx get destroyed from a kid with too blacked out of taillights, just not safe at a point)

edit: also hello from a fellow Washingtonian!

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

I'm planning on picking up some VHT Tint spray to do my tail lights and side markers. Nothing to the point of where it's dangerous. Only thing I plan on doing to my head lights is the top parts to give them and "angry eye" look.

New to the car audio world and looking to learn as much as I can.

I would go with the plasti dip smoke like Noelito suggested. I have headlight and tail light tint and it does reduce the brightness to some degree so If you don't already have HID's I would recommend you get them and get 55 watt HID's because by the time the tint reduces your brightness you'll be at or below what a typical 35 watt kit will put out. Also If your tail lights end up being too dark they make LED tail lamp bulbs for some cars that should brighten them up a lot. Otherwise just be careful how much you put on. My tail lights are completely blacked out and I haven't had any problems yet. I had blackout tint on my headlights and even with 55 watt low beam, high beam, and fog light HID's it was like driving blind at night so I lightened them up a tad and it helped a lot.

THE ANTHRACITE DYC CRUISER

-Fully dipped anthracite grey pt cruiser

-4 skar vvx 12's (version 1)

-Mechman 240 amp alt -Big three in Cadence 1/0

-1 deka intimidator g31 blacktop under the hood

-1 C&D 140ah Batt & 1 C&D 55ah batt in the rear

-Re audio/soundstream mids and highs

-Hifonics Zues 600.4

-DC Audio 3.5k

Yeah not tryna do anything dangerous. Just get a meaner look if u will lol. Ima look into the plasti smoke dip, I like the idea of it not being permanent in case I screw up. Thanks!!

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

Archived