nunyagd Posted March 20, 2014 Report Posted March 20, 2014 Looking for some enclosure design help for 3 SA 12's ported and tuned to 35 - 37hz range. I can give them more than rated power (700 - 800 per woofer). Listen to everything. Mainly want a good balance of SQ and SPL. Space I've got to work with: 48" width 17.5" height Depth is variable but no more than 21" This will be in a trunk and hoping to fire port and subs backward. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
n8ball2013 Posted March 20, 2014 Report Posted March 20, 2014 48 wide in a trunk. Are you sure about that THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
nunyagd Posted March 20, 2014 Author Report Posted March 20, 2014 48 wide in a trunk. Are you sure about that Yup, 48" is correct!
nunyagd Posted March 21, 2014 Author Report Posted March 21, 2014 Here's one suggestion,you will want to make sure it will fit through the trunk opening before you build it. 6cuft net @ 36Hz Gunnem------> 16x5.5=88 sq in Thanks man, appreciate it. Any others? Would be awesome if someone could throw up on of those visual designs a la JoeX / Sketchup.
Joe X Posted March 21, 2014 Report Posted March 21, 2014 Here is a second suggestion, modified to OP's request to 48W, free airspace in front of the port is 5", subsonic filter to 28Hz, power to 3K :
nunyagd Posted March 21, 2014 Author Report Posted March 21, 2014 This is awesome, thanks! I know 48" width will fit because I mocked it up out of cardboard. I really want it to be that width to fit tightly in the right spot. If I want to adjust JoeX's design to be 48" wide, can I take that away from the depth? If I do that how do i resize the port. Thanks!!!
Joe X Posted March 21, 2014 Report Posted March 21, 2014 This is awesome, thanks! I know 48" width will fit because I mocked it up out of cardboard. I really want it to be that width to fit tightly in the right spot. If I want to adjust JoeX's design to be 48" wide, can I take that away from the depth? If I do that how do i resize the port. Thanks!!! Changed it to 48W wondering what's the vehicle with a trunk opening of 48W ?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.