Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Enclosure Design Request - 3 SA 12's


nunyagd

Recommended Posts

Posted

This is awesome, thanks!

I know 48" width will fit because I mocked it up out of cardboard. I really want it to be that width to fit tightly in the right spot. If I want to adjust JoeX's design to be 48" wide, can I take that away from the depth? If I do that how do i resize the port.

Thanks!!!

Changed it to 48W wondering what's the vehicle with a trunk opening of 48W ?

Ok JoeX, you are the man and I f'ed up... I didn't allow for amps mounted to the top of the box. I would be very happy to paypal you some beer money if you'd do me a solid and rework this thing slightly so that the external dimensions are 14.5" x 46" (I went back to your original suggestion on width to ensure wiggle room) x whatever depth required to net the 6 cubes and tuning.

I tried to help myself in Torres since I screwed up but it didn't look right.

And to answer your question about vehicle - It's a boat! Technically still a vehicle but probably not what you expected.

Posted

I am setup to keep up with changes so no problem, here's the last one, free airspace in front of the port is 7", subsonic filter to 28Hz, power to 3K:

3sa12.jpg

3sa12p_c.jpg

Posted

I know I'm a noob but from personal experience I wouldn't put the amp on the box I thought it would look awesome until I vibrated the rca inputs right off the amp.

Posted

I know I'm a noob but from personal experience I wouldn't put the amp on the box I thought it would look awesome until I vibrated the rca inputs right off the amp.

I thought that too but I visited the Sundown guys yesterday and they've got a pair of 12's with a 2500 on each mounted to the box!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3225 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...