Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

I need help with box design. (DC Level 5 18)


SirJimbles

Recommended Posts

Posted

Aero ports are more efficient and take up less room in the box.

I agree with you on that, but its really up to him, because personally i always go with slotted because i like the look better

2002 Toyota Corolla


Pioneer DEH-80PRS


Soundqubed Q1-2200d


Soundqubed HDC3.118


Soundqubed Q4-120


Alpine SPR-60


Alpine SPR-60C

Posted

The box is designed I just don't have it in drawn format yet, i can get that to you tomorrow

2002 Toyota Corolla


Pioneer DEH-80PRS


Soundqubed Q1-2200d


Soundqubed HDC3.118


Soundqubed Q4-120


Alpine SPR-60


Alpine SPR-60C

Posted

Haha sorry I thought I said volume and tuning, it's 6.5 cubic feet at 33hz

A dado groove is a groove (1/4" deep) that is put into the wood that allows the port to sit into it, this adds strength and stability to the port wall. If you don't want to do the dado grooves just take a 1/2" off of the height of the port peice

2002 Toyota Corolla


Pioneer DEH-80PRS


Soundqubed Q1-2200d


Soundqubed HDC3.118


Soundqubed Q4-120


Alpine SPR-60


Alpine SPR-60C

Posted

I'd go sub up, port back. Should be more efficient than forward firing.

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3225 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...