2004 F-150 Supercab Lariat Thinking about getting this Truck.

I was actually surprised how quiet the interior was in this truck. Dealership put 5w-20 in it and I have not heard any noises that were out of the ordinary yet but I will pay special attention to it next time I am driving.

I was actually surprised how quiet the interior was in this truck. Dealership put 5w-20 in it and I have not heard any noises that were out of the ordinary yet but I will pay special attention to it next time I am driving.

It's weird how some of these trucks, like mine, sound like a ticking time bomb, while other never make a sound. The dealerships recommend 5w-20 due to SAE engineers saying it was the best, however many people have found that different weights of oil helped them more with noises and mpgs even. Any audio plans if you get it?

not for this truck but now I can take my Mountaineer from a daily driver to a strictly audio vehicle.

the rents own an 04 lariat same truck and motor etc . did a plug change and was a BITCH. alternator (stock) location sucks and burned out 2 times this winter. also are now replacing engine and transmission due to spark plug failure and misfiring. only 162xxx miles. otherwise its an overall good truck. factory problems are radio never turns off causing battery voltage drop leading to failed alternators haven't had a recall on the truck yet for the reason though.

Archived