Second Skin Audio

Damplifier pro. I'm not sure how much. Measure the length and width of what you want to deaden multiply them and buy a little more than that square footage. Alsowatch one of eds videos on showtimespl about deadening. He has some interesting ideas.

I'll do that... This is why I wanted to ask in here... I'm getting mixed answers on what to do to help stop the rattling / vibrations... I want to do it correct the first time

Pioneer DEH 80PRS HU

Ascendant Audio SMD 18"

Audioque 3500.1D

XS Power D3100

Rockford T1 components

Rockford P400X4

not really, just anything that will fit between the panels and metal. You can use expanding spray foam but you have to be careful with that stuff and make sure it doesn't get everywhere. Make sure the panels are tightened down too, loose screws and connectors will make it more difficult to stop rattles.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

It's a 2014 and has only had the set up in it for a week or so... I'll double check for loose screws but I think they are good to go... I'll look into some foam padding and also some second skin... Might do a bunch of padding and a little bit of SS... I had an 01 Blazer extreme before and broke the roof support bars that are welded to the roof itself and I put padding in between the roof and the bar and it stopped the rattle, but obviously I can't put padding in between the bar and the roof if it's not broke....Just want what rattling I currently have to stop, from an interior stand point

Pioneer DEH 80PRS HU

Ascendant Audio SMD 18"

Audioque 3500.1D

XS Power D3100

Rockford T1 components

Rockford P400X4

Sometimes there are decent sized gaps between panels and braces. Use some expanding foam like "great stuff" to fill in the gaps. But like Skippy said be careful it gets messy. Once you have things braced sufficiently and everything tightened down then put that second skin on there.

There are several write ups about deadener and dampening. A search on Google should bring them to you. In reality 25%coverage will reduce the resonant frequency. I do full coverage and I guess technically I'm wasting money but I don't care and do it anyway.

if the metal is flexing which it is something like second skin damplifier pro is the way to go. With any sorta mat sound dampener either you are just adding weight which indeed lowers the resonant frequency reducing some of the noise you hear or with a CLD such as SS Damp pro you actually reduce vibrations (as well as the additional weight if you want to think of it like that)

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

get some CLD. Second Skin, Murdermat if you can find some, Alphadamp, Raammat, etc... Aim at about 25-50% coverage.

Get you some of this

http://www.homedepot.com/p/dB-3-4-ft-x-8-ft-Acoustical-Barrier-DB348X96BX/100663624#.UiUlln-4g3U Budget MLV

and some of this

http://www.homedepot.com/p/UltraTouch-48-in-x-6-ft-Radiant-Barrier-30000-11406/100656748#.UiUmA3-4g3U Perfect Decoupler

and some spray adhesive http://www.raamaudio.com/v-s-spray-adhesive/

should be good to go

Edited by FocusOn20s

• 4 weeks later...

I have an 05 explorer. Does yours have a roof rack? Mine did and accounted for a huge amount of rattle so I took it off and it sounded great. Also what I did was put weather stripping around the edges of the rear hatch and the license plate. I have 3 layers of second skin on the rear hatch and a strip in the middle of the plate. It helped reduce flex but the hatch still vibrated against the back and the plate still vibrated against the rear hatch and that metal on metal was annoying

I don't fuck around. I go from zero to I hope you die in less than 2 posts

build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/