Sundown Audio

5 channel control

afrakes

I'm piecing together a small sq setup for my fathers 07 sequoia. Going to consist of a couple component sets, possibly a h/u, and a sealed 8" woofer. Because of convenience and price, I thought a 5 channel amp may be a good match. My questions:

btw, my father listens to classic rock with a mix of some country and appreciates the quality of sound from the lowest to highest volumes.

1. My dad is a control freak and wants to be able to control the volume of his bass separately. Can I use a pac-lc1 on a 5 channel? Is there an RCA for mids\highs and one for lows?

2. My dad has heard my setup, and my 425 watts going so a single dd512 ported @ 33 is too bass heavy for him. I was thinking a nice solid 8" for punchy tight and low bass, seale up in about 1 cube on 300-500 watts should be fine. Any recommendations? Options under $150 for just the woofer?

3. I have no experience with purchasing component speakers. That being said, I'm looking for quality that won't break the bank. Solid midrange response paired with a set of quality tweets, with a decent x-over, making the old man happy. Any ideas?

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

I'm pretty sure most 5 channels would have 3 different sets of inputs and 3 gain settings as far as only controlling the bass I'm not so sure. Take this for example http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Mobile/App/Product/Item/Images.aspx?i=108R5350A&tp=35808 how its layed out I think the bass knob would only control the sub so just find something similar

Archived