Second Skin Audio

Xcon 15 ported or 18 Sealed vs 15 Zcon ported

I am new to this and replacing my 15 worried after a year it sounded cool, but the thing on E40 etc. to long might have to be turned down got a little smell, little to much amp for this unit Hifonics Brz 2400. 15 seen Bl that might work 18 in gross 6.- 6.5 maybe 7 c box, Zcon Xcon told need a bigger box, 2 6" aero ports guess at this level more a personal choice, just unfortunately none of them are in area to hear and see what one might like E40 to Rock mostly what I listen to. Like the sound of larger sub and area be a easier fit one large sub.

Hi welcome to the forum! Firstly there should be no vs threads, only starts arguments. Secondly if you could post what type of vehicle and your max dimensions available and what type of music you listen to mostly we will be more able to help you out. There is a wealth of knowledge to be tapped into here, enjoy!

Edit: damn phone!

I have a XCON 15 and love it. It is the best sub I have heard. It digs deep and still sounds great on everything else. I run mine off of a DC Audio 5.0k at 2 ohms and it takes it all day. I would say go with a ported box and the 15, you won't regret it. But my opinion could be different than the next person, which is why vs threads are "bant". Welcome to SMD.

2001 VW Passat Sportwagen

Alpine ICS-X7HD

DC Audio 5K

SSA 15" XCON

Tantric Sounds 6.5HD's, Sundound Audio SA-6.5CS

Incriminator Audio IA6.4

XS batteries, KnuKonceptz wirez, Second Skin

I was not sure box little bigger then they suggested, power 2400 x 1 also looked at Zcon, but guess you had good luck with Xcon, box size mine would be in the area of 5.54 to 6.98 gross with 4-5 4" ports

If I remember correctly my box was 5 cubic feet gross, 3.5 after displacement, tuned to 33Hrz. On 2300 watts nominal it gets down! I don't have experience with the ZCON, so I can't help you there, but either way you will be happy.

2001 VW Passat Sportwagen

Alpine ICS-X7HD

DC Audio 5K

SSA 15" XCON

Tantric Sounds 6.5HD's, Sundound Audio SA-6.5CS

Incriminator Audio IA6.4

XS batteries, KnuKonceptz wirez, Second Skin

Hi welcome to the forum! Firstly there should be no vs threads, only starts arguments. Secondly if you could post what type of vehicle and your max dimensions available and what type of music you listen to mostly we will be more able to help you out. There is a wealth of knowledge to be tapped into here, enjoy!

Sorry actually did not mean it that way, more the sub I had and power I had was too much and looking for a alternative, Fi, DC and SSA maybe, I will edit the name out thanks for the info. If that is wrong now, just hit me up want to do it right and should be cool without breaking the rules. Believe SSA uses OEM from Fi both come out of Las Vegas.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey you get your refund on sub yet since its been a month, the 6 or 7 air space on port vs air space 12-16 needed they said would work was wrong. I told you it was too small, I even heard a few used more not less. Maybe your gun shy now and know why they told you to not use this site? Ask maybe someone here will tell you which 15 would take 1800-2000 watts better, I've used Fi's more then DC but either would be a good alternative, hope you get your money and get that going. Hit me up if you need some help.

Archived