Second Skin Audio

Enclosure for Type R's

JP-12

yea these subs def aren't designed for sq! and when i had the high tuned "spl" boxes they were loud! but i hated the way they sounded! so boomy and punchy. had no response below 35hz i mean none! zip zero! my subs are in 5.7 gross tuned to 30hz and i play up to 90hz all day no problem. i hpf them at 80hz. with that said i wish i tuned a Lil lower like 28 maybe even 26hz. with the low tune i can play anything from sublime, rock, rap,decaf with great accuracy and good deep bass.

heres a quick vid of my 2 12s in the 30hz box in a dodge Durango. Amp is a ct 1400.1 everyone says different power ratings but it's around 2000w

http://s846.photobucket.com/user/pasquariello1104/media/VID_20140207_175105_012_zps72e086b3.mp4.html

I was getting the same frequency response from these on 25hz that I was getting from a sundown at 33hz (this was on 15", but the line of sub is still the same). These subs don't like to be tuned high

2002 Toyota Corolla

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Soundqubed Q1-2200d

Soundqubed HDC3.118

Soundqubed Q4-120

Alpine SPR-60

Alpine SPR-60C

It can be done like this, power: to subs rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, build a cardboard dummy box to test fit before cutting any wood:

12d4.jpg

2x12PFSFaltassmbly.jpg

Would you mind mocking up another one tuned to 30-32hz?

Done, just edited the original post with a lower tuning, bear in mind that figure is just an assembly guide.

Joe! Check out my post! Or inbox me please

2 Soundqubed SQ1-2200D

1 Soundqubed Q4-120

4 American Bass VFL 65MR

2 American Bass HD 15's

2 American Bass MX-250T

2 American Bass MX-252T

4 XS Power XP950

Tons of Sky High Car Audio Cable

"Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else......

improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science..."

op, you will notice a difference! if you have a few hours of play time on that prefab box, when you get your custom built box done you'll notice a big difference!

portside, you tuned your 15 to 25hz? hmm I'm getting 2 ct meso 15s soon andi was thinking about rtuning them Low like 25hz but i need to peak at least 70hz you think that's possible?

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Thanks for the help Joe!

The box should still end up looking like the pic though right just different dims?

The pic tells you how the pieces how to assemble the parts and where to do the cutouts, bracing, etc, very important to do it as shown, dimensions will be somewhat different, you will notice for example that the "extension" port part will look longer in your case than shown.

the last thing you want Is to put a bunch of hours into a box, play it and find you have a flexing box. I'd brace if i were you, better safe then sorry

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff