JP-12 Posted March 28, 2014 Author Report Posted March 28, 2014 Yeah I'm definately gonna brace it. But I don't know If I even want to keep these subs anymore lol They're 4 ohm and 1000 wrms My amp is 1500 wrms x4ohm And 2400wrms x2ohm So I might get rid of em and find some 2 ohm dvc's buuut idk...
Joe X Posted March 28, 2014 Report Posted March 28, 2014 The same box can be used for the D2 version or you can use a different amp, one way or the other 1500W to 2000 would gain you 1dB or so (basically inaudible) , the full 2400 would gain you maybe 2dB at most which is barely audible.
JP-12 Posted March 28, 2014 Author Report Posted March 28, 2014 Will 1500 watts even push both of them well enough?
Joe X Posted March 28, 2014 Report Posted March 28, 2014 Giving 750W to a 1K sub should move them just fine, but "enough" means different thing to different people, if you want to crack your windshield maybe you should be looking to something different and more expensive than Alpine. If you can't live thinking you are not giving rated to the subs then get the D2s or other amp.
JP-12 Posted March 28, 2014 Author Report Posted March 28, 2014 Yeah I obviously should get help from multiple people and DEFINATELY not the shop I went to. Shoulda done my research better and not been so damn impatient . Learned that the hard way.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.