Sonic Electronix

advice for car audio noobie

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One small thing I would change if you have the resources based off of your sketch is the 45 where your port begins.

Are you using 3/4" wood? Have a router? Hit it with either a bull nose bit or a 3/8" roundover on each side. Just a minor change that will help airflow.

Same with the port opening. Roundover will smooth things out a bit better, but that's just minor stuff. You probably wouldn't be able to pick up the difference with your ear anyway.

I had no idea how much of a legend he is! No more questions over the design of the box. That is what I will build =D Unfortunately I do not have access to a router. I will be using a circular saw for the cuts. Any tips on constructing the box? I plan on using liquid nails for the adhesive and use screws to reinforce the box. Will regular wood screws work? Also what should i use to seal the edges inside with? I am thinking i may just finish the outside of the box with just paint. What type of paint should i use? I would want a flat black finish. If i decide to use carpet where do i purchase it from?

Use screws sparingly if at all. I don't use them and if I did it would be because I was in a hurry and couldn't wait for glue to dry under clamps before moving on.

For glue, Titebond II or III and I'm not telling you not to seal your seams but if glued right you won't NEED to. I seal mine with resin. Take your time and do it right and take lots of pics ask questions as you go.

If you're using mdf, It is a very thirsty a wood so don't be stingy with the primer, use some sort of filler on the edges that YOU. CUT that are exposed and will get painted.

Ask questions each step if you need to. Be patient.

I just did direct leads from my woofer to the amp. Drilled 2 small holes and ran the wire through that. Then sealed them up

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Archived