Electrical help needed

So this is the first thread I'm posting since I've joined. So hello to everyone. So here's my question and I'll try and be as detailed as I can

I have a 2004 toyota sequoia 4.7l 2wd sr5 from what info I could find on the internet I have a somewhat bigger stock alt. does 100 amps at idle and 150 amps at 2000 rpm. I want to start upgrading.

What I have done:

-Big three 1/0 all the way through whole car

-Added a deep cycle marine battery in the back with the biggest battery I could fit in the front from advanced.

What I want to upgrade:

-I want to get I the best bang for your buck h/o alt I don't see myself ever going over 5krms

-xs power batt up front

-1 possibly 2 xs power batts in the back and

upgrade my battery bank as money allows

-get a aq2200 and run at .5ohm. (Get a second down the road if I want more power after getting

more and better subs)

Budget: is undecided. I don't wanna buy junk equipment and have to replace it later. I firmly believe you get what you pay for.

So if you guys can sort of pick my equipment or give me a good starting point that would be awesome. When it come to batts and h/o alts I'm kinda lost.

Go xs power for batts if you are going to run 5k I would run get a couple d3100 s min 2. Put biggest xs batt up front and 2 runs of 1/0 to the back OFC. For alts go singer, mechman, or dc power. im getting a 340 amp singer myself built right now.

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

$560 suposed to do 340 cold 320 hot and 190-190+ at idle

I had on my dc 5k and 300 watt mtx amp for alt a 327 amp ohio gen with big 3 and 2 runs of 1/0 all ofc a d3400 up front and 2 d3100s in the back and my voltage was decent.

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

270a alt should be sufficient for running a 5k at 1 ohm. May want to go to a 320 or similarly sized if you want to run at .5

DC power is my own personal choice. Ain't cheap, but there's no beating their build quality. Custom CNC'd casings, top of the line parts all around. They do military contracts too, just to give you an idea of their background.

Archived