Sonic Electronix

I currently have all Rockford Equipment in my Suburban but at the prodding of a good friend (One of EQ's Rep's) I'm leaning towards replacing it all with Earthquake equipment.

Current System:

Rockford -RFX 9200 Headunit

Rockford- PA2 EQ

Rockford- 4X6 in the dash

Rockford -6 1/2 components in the doors

Rockford -Tweeters on the A pillars

Rockford -6X9 in the rear

Rockford -HX2-12's (3) **Currently using 2 APX-10's**

Rockford -T800a4 for the highs

Rockford- T3000 for the bass

(I have 2-T3000's and 2-T4000's) total

I've had a few D2's before so I know their problems but I liked the D5 I tested when they first came out.

My thoughts are:

Some type of Kenwwod Headunit

EQ-4000px eq

EQ-Fc6.2 components for the doors

EQ-F4x6r for the dash

EQ-F4x10r for the rear

EQ-DBXi 12D Woofers (3)

EQ-PH2200W/4 for the highs

EQ-PH5000W/1 for the Bass

Your Thoughts/Opinions?  8)

I heard Earthquake > RF Ampwise

Well I've run Rockford since the early 80's and have had to return 2 (Thats TWO!) Amps in all those years for repairs. I've had a couple of D2's and had them worked on more then I had them playing and that was before they were modded! :o

Now the D5's had some problems also at lower impedances but I don't plan on modding them or using them for competiton, just want them for daily (Non-abusive) use. 8)

i say Rockford....

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

I say if you have been running Rockford Fosgate since the 80s then it must be doing you  good! Why change 20 years later?

I lived in the Bay Area for 30+ years and then moved to the valley...Change is sometimes good. ;)

Also Rockford doesn't make the woofers I love (HX2's/Power HX2's) and their new line is crap IMO.

I say if you have been running Rockford Fosgate since the 80s then it must be doing you  good! Why change 20 years later?

I lived in the Bay Area for 30+ years and then moved to the valley...Change is sometimes good. ;)

Also Rockford doesn't make the woofers I love (HX2's) and their new line is crap IMO.

OK so then why do our thoughts and opinions matter to you if you have your mind set that RF's new line is crap? It seems there's nothing to discuss here. You think RF new line is crap so your going to switch to Earthquake.

OK so then why do our thoughts and opinions matter to you if you have your mind set that RF's new line is crap? It seems there's nothing to discuss here. You think RF new line is crap so your going to switch to Earthquake.

Rockfords new [glow=red,2,300]woofers[/glow] suck IMO but I still like their Amps. Not sure if you realize the size of a T3000/4000 but at close to 3ft long its not the most practical Amp to run if you need room in your vehicle.

I want to run one line (Besides the headunit) and EQ seems to have it all. Rockford doesn't even make decks anymore so once this one quits on me then I'll have to swap things anyways so why not everything at once?

If my mind was set on anything, you would've never seen this thread. ::)

8)

not to steal your thread, but i have 2 of the phd5000's nib modded for 1000.00 if your rep buddy cant beat the price.

im selling cause i got hooked up with us amps instead.

ummm as far as rf goes, its hard to say as far as power.. rf is more money per watt than eq, but qc is better..

hand in hand, you get what you pay for.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz