Got metered for the first time today. Input?

Ill get some pics up in the next couple days. My car is packed full of crap right now. I did get a Crescendo S1500.1 installed instead of my little 600w back up amp. World of difference.

Incredible credentials Terry!!!!

Quick question, Can the seals around trunk lid and doors make a big difference? I know none of them have been changed and my car is a 2000. I know the trunk leaks a little and I need to replace it anyway.

07 KIA Spectra

320a Singer Alt

Odyssey Extreme batteries

2 12" Phantom sounds (4.6 cu. net @ 32) - soon to be 2 Atomic ELE

2 Rockford Fosgate T2500bd-CP

Zapco Z150.2

Front comps soon to be Hertz HSK

Pioneer 80prs

Second skin deadener throughout

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah buddy!!! Got metered again today. Same crap box, new Crescendo S1500.1

My peak changed a good bit. Cant figure out why, but it is now 45hz.

Cant remember the name of the tool but reading for this test were as follows.

1.6ohm nom, 2.6 ohm box rise (4 ohm final)

786 watts rms @ 4ohm dropping to 11.5v :shok:

141.0 @ 45hz on the termlab

Still stock electrical except big 3.

36m1.jpg

quc5.jpg
0chb.jpg
nl39.jpg
4mtg.jpg

07 KIA Spectra

320a Singer Alt

Zapco Z150.2

Pioneer 80prs

NOW do you think I could get a 145 with an extra battery and a new box?

07 KIA Spectra

320a Singer Alt

Zapco Z150.2

Pioneer 80prs

NOW do you think I could get a 145 with an extra battery and a new box?

If you OWN the meter and have the time and money to build a lot of boxes and do extensive testing AND don't mind a box that won't play music well. Search this board for the huge "SPL GAINS" thread. There's a member in South America (IIRC) who has shown how he found many DB's in his build.

Its Fecupe, and dude is legit as F. He has done serious testing under his belt and knows how to get loud.

thanks a lot my man :)

OP, just build the box as wide and as far back as you can, use an 8" external aeroport facing forward that ends on the trunk "mouth" , subs facing forward also, you should be able to see the 144-145 you are looking for with that power :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

• 5 weeks later...

damn! can we see pics? that score would get him on the top 5 on street stock db drag racing class

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Wait, subs are facing the seat back? Turning them around so they have more room to load properly and off a more solid surface may well yield in an increase of output.

And yeah, if top SPL is one's desire, a large ported enclosure tuned to just a few Hz under the car's natural resonance frequency should yield huge gains in output, but you speaking of an enclosure tuned awfully high, like mid 50's, maybe low 60's.

Archived