TheMonolith2001 Posted April 4, 2014 Report Posted April 4, 2014 Dropped my car off yesterday with a well known local shop to have the front doors deadened. About to go pick it up. Pretty excited about it. I know I probably could have done it myself but im sure he did a better job than I would have. I have never installed deadening before. Will report on the difference. He used Dynamat. Which, yeah, I know. Not the best in the world but he did say he put multiple layers on. I'm hoping its at least effective enough to get the result I want, just more expensive than it should have been. If it's not I guess I can at least see how it is applied and put something else on top of it or replace it but I hope I don't have to do that. I shouldn't doubt the job though. I talked to a lot of people about him and no one had anything bad to say.
Jon Tyler Posted April 4, 2014 Report Posted April 4, 2014 So you had two doors done? What was the pricing? Jon Funda 16 Car audio Enthusiast and Still learning Ragnarok Scenario Player, Youngblood #111
TheMonolith2001 Posted April 4, 2014 Author Report Posted April 4, 2014 oh fuck me, this is step one on every vehicle I put a system in from now on. HUGE difference. Took the long way home grinning like an idiot the whole way. I never really doubted it wouldn't work, but damn, just do it if you are thinking about it. Especially on a vehicle where the door metal is all flappy like mine (Jeep XJ ) He made me proper speaker spacers that seal correctly and look nice and installed 3 sheets of dynamat (extreme I think he said? at some point talked about dynaliner?) on each door. He charged me 200 which I feel is pretty fair considering I have never bought anything from him before and he was basically reinstalling shit I bought elsewhere. I don't have to worry about people slamming my god damn doors so much anymore either, it looks pretty sturdy. I HATE that.
never knows best Posted April 4, 2014 Report Posted April 4, 2014 just an fyi... you can get quality sound deadener for $100 for 36sqft. thats 7 sheets. after you get you pannel off application is just about as simple as putting on stickers.
ImaNoob Posted April 4, 2014 Report Posted April 4, 2014 Dynamat is expensive and just as good as other brands...Dyna liner is good stuff too...like 25 bucks a door to diy 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Xs3400 1500BDCP FI BL 12 3sq @ 32hz Rockford t675 T400.2 Stinger Deadner Build Log Here
TheMonolith2001 Posted April 4, 2014 Author Report Posted April 4, 2014 yeah I know, I read a lot of instructions on how to do it. I just was okay with paying someone to do it so I knew it would be right. I am terrible at taking that type of stuff apart and putting it back together again too. I'm really only good with small electronics like amp repair type stuff when it comes to taking things apart. The speaker spacers where really the main thing I wanted him to do and I figured I would get both done while it was apart.
TheMonolith2001 Posted April 4, 2014 Author Report Posted April 4, 2014 Dynamat is expensive and just as good as other brands...Dyna liner is good stuff too...like 25 bucks a door to diy Well thats good. I heard a lot of complaining about it but it seems to have worked well in my application as I'm sure it has before in others.
ImaNoob Posted April 4, 2014 Report Posted April 4, 2014 I have had it in my truck for around 10 years..along with dynaliner..still stickin to metal and dynaliner on the floor is still like new 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Xs3400 1500BDCP FI BL 12 3sq @ 32hz Rockford t675 T400.2 Stinger Deadner Build Log Here
TheMonolith2001 Posted April 4, 2014 Author Report Posted April 4, 2014 Yeah I don't really get how you could mess up a product like this in todays day and age too badly. It's pretty simple. You are just sticking something heavy to another surface. There are tons of materials with weight to them that don't absorb water and there are tons of adhesives. There are probably lots of them that would work great.
FUKAZ28 Posted April 5, 2014 Report Posted April 5, 2014 Cool deal, what speaker setup are you using and how much power?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.