Would a capacitor work?

how do i do that? open it up? and i dont have the infrasonic filter turned on. i didnt know what it was. ill turn it on.

No need to open anything up. Just disconnect the cable from either the amp or the EQ module it's self.

The infrasonic filter keeps the amp from reproducing frequencies below a certain level. It's pretty much like a high pass filter that is set way low. In your application, turning it on is recommended.

So bring me up to speed...

Have you fixed your ground?

Your location is fine, but strip all of the paint from the entire that will make contact with the ring terminal you will be using. Terminal should be crimped with a minimum of an 8 ton crimper, or soldered. Personally, 4ga and up is where I start crimping instead of soldering, but either one done proper is good. Make sure your ring terminal on the end of your ground wire has a good amount of surface area to make contact with the ground location. After making the connection put some dielectric grease on the bare metal and terminal to prevent corrosion.

Use the biggest wire that will fit, so in this case it sounds like 4ga.

If you can, you should run 1/0 to the back into a dist. block and 4ga from the block to the amp for your + run.

Do your big 3....

Battery - to frame, alt case to frame, alt + to battery +

ground is fixed with 4ga. copper lug on and i just used a big pliers to close it. sanded down the metal to bare minimum, and bolted it to the metal. and i should have some time to try and get the big 3 done. i dont have a jack, and my alternator is pretty well buried, so we will see if i can get to it. will update in about 5 hours once i have a chance to do some work.

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Post a pic of your crimp job. Our ghetto crimp officer (SnowDrifter) will need to inspect and approve of this termination before electrons will flow through it.

Hopefully you picked up on the sarcasm there. But seriously, I really, ok STRONGLY recommend that you get that thing crimped properly or soldered.

haha yes i did. and i will once i get time. dont have soldering iron so will have to go to my dads to do that. just moved out so will take a while to get all the different tools i need. i will do all of this and hopefully my problem will go away.

and just want to say thank you to everyone who has been helping me. this really is the best site you could go to for help. everyone is awesome!!

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

haha yes i did. and i will once i get time. dont have soldering iron so will have to go to my dads to do that. just moved out so will take a while to get all the different tools i need. i will do all of this and hopefully my problem will go away.

and just want to say thank you to everyone who has been helping me. this really is the best site you could go to for help. everyone is awesome!!

This place is like many others, you get out what you put in.

You come in here with questions, ask them the right way, accept feedback and you get good things in return. Not everyone has the same experience.

You don't need a soldering iron. What style terminal is it? Is it a close ended terminal or the kind with two fat prongs? What you'll need is a small torch(you can get one from Harbor freight for like $6). I like the solder from Radio shack for price, or just regular Oatey stuff. Make sure it's rosin core solder

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

its a close ended one. and i already have a torch so all id need is the solder. and with all the little things ive been doing, it sounds better than it did before, and it doesnt go into protect mode quite as much.

looked under mu hood today to see if i could do the big 3. and my alternator is buried in my engine. all i can see is the side of the pulley. cant even take off the tire and get to it because there is a bunch of stuff under it. so i dont really know what to do from here...?

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Archived