Sonic Electronix

Win some, lose some on Ebay

So, I started selling car audio on Ebay last month. So far so good. Until today, when I received an Ebay message from the buyer. Seems the JL 450/4 amp is making a buzzing noise, but not at the speakers, just the amp itself as it sits is buzzing he states. I put in my auction "7 day return policy with install receipt/testing receipt". He won the item on 3/14. I stated "I ship the next day after paypal clears". Due to the weekend I sent it out on 3/17 and informed the buyer. He received it some time around 3/24. Which gave him til the end of the month to test it professionially as my auction indicated.

He messages me yesterday stating he is not completely satisified due to the buzzing.

Now he is passed the deadline for the return, but I did ship it late, and the amp very well could have been dropped while being shipped. It's a touchy situation. I have 100% feedback and wish to keep it that way, so I jumped the gun and offered him 100% refund and return shipping, because I value my 100% status. But thinking about it, I am foregoing my own policy of the "receipt of installation/ or testing".

Awaiting his reply.

I am in the air about it at the moment. See, like all of us, we may have scammed Walmart some time in our live by returning something that we used, repackaged, and returned. Come on we have all done that! So I guess it's just karma biting me in the ass. He very well could be reading this right now. Again, the amp could have fallen enroute (But the amp was boxed, with in a box due to it's heavy weight), internals could have been swopped out(?), he could have damaged it during home installation. Who knows.

What is your opinion on the matter. Again, I jumped the gun a bit.

Open to your comments. Please put yourself in my shoes, as well as in the buyer's shoes. HONEST comments please. I need both sides of the story. But I realize when it comes to money, poeple are very touchy and want their money back.........bottom line, no ifs and or buts!

I aprreciate it! This money is actually paying for my health insurance. So I start my auctions well below what others start their auctions out. Anything to off set the cost of my insurance is what I am after. I'm not trying to get rich. My GF and I argue about the amt I want for my car audio. If the buyers want it, the price will go up is what I tell her. lol. I'm a medical professional and make great $$$ when I work full time, but I'm in school doing my pre-med classes so i can only work 2 days per wk and living on romain noodles again!

-Frank

Did you test the amp before it left your possession?

Did he pay for insurance on the amp?

Should always make sure to protect yourself. Too many people trying to get something for nothing.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

so what do you guys think? cut my losses and change the way my auctions are worded. I jusy try to buy from sellers who offer a return. and try to return the favor, but youre right, blame may fall on me.....definite variables to contend with.

I avoid buying electronic on Ebay personally. It was maybe 8 years ago but the Only time I bought a amp, 2 subs, cap, and a HU and I shit you not every single item went defective or something went wrong with them after less then 6 months to a year. The amp turns on but nothing comes out of the speaker output terminals. The HU went defective wont play past track 6. lmao. The subs sounded horrible I could tell something was wrong as soon as I hooked them up. The only thing I didn't have a problem with was a power acoustic cap. trying to contact the people (sellers) was impossible. Im pretty sure it was refurbished shit all boxed up nice and new looking. Not saying your trying to scam anyone by selling on ebay but I know for a fact there is a lot of scammers on ebay selling shit defective electronics.

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

Archived