humming noise

12-2?? I'm trying to think of what that is. But anyhow is it the receiver itself humming? Or the speakers? Sounds to me like its starting to burn up, or blow capacitors and stuff. does it stay on often? when do you hear the hum most? on with no music playing, or all the time? is there any chance its coming from the speakers?

12-2?? I'm trying to think of what that is. But anyhow is it the receiver itself humming? Or the speakers? Sounds to me like its starting to burn up, or blow capacitors and stuff. does it stay on often? when do you hear the hum most? on with no music playing, or all the time? is there any chance its coming from the speakers?

12-2 is residental wire and its the receiver it self. Also the longer it stays on the more intense the "hum" gets. It does it regardless of sound ect.

Do you have a cable tv signal going into it if so unplug and see if it stops. Does it do it on cd? Sounds like open ground.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

Yeah bro the fact that it gets louder the longer it's on tells me the coils and stuff are way to hot. All its going to do is keep getting worse, or heaven forbid start a fire. So I would be careful with it. Getting a new one would be best. If its a newer one and still under warranty take it back! other wise you can find cheap ones at flea markets, yard sales, etc. But if you got money to burn just go buy one! Personally home receiver's aren't even worth fixing. Too time consuming to try and find the burnt coils and capacitors. then you have to un solder them, clean up the board. Then re solder all the new parts on (if you can find them).... But yeah man that receivers on its way out! Just be careful until you get a new one. Take care brother!

Yeah bro the fact that it gets louder the longer it's on tells me the coils and stuff are way to hot. All its going to do is keep getting worse, or heaven forbid start a fire. So I would be careful with it. Getting a new one would be best. If its a newer one and still under warranty take it back! other wise you can find cheap ones at flea markets, yard sales, etc. But if you got money to burn just go buy one! Personally home receiver's aren't even worth fixing. Too time consuming to try and find the burnt coils and capacitors. then you have to un solder them, clean up the board. Then re solder all the new parts on (if you can find them).... But yeah man that receivers on its way out! Just be careful until you get a new one. Take care brother!

Well damn I guess I gotta find the reciet for it. Fuck that sucks back to wall mart it goes.

Archived