Sundown Audio

Underpowering a sub?

Foamyy Thee Squirrell

So a DC XL 18" isn't too expensive but 0 gauge wiring is??? You can get 25 foot of good CCA 0 gauge for $50. Running 4 gauge is a bad idea like everyone else has said.

You are asking for help but don't care to listen to what anyone is saying.

If 0 gauge isn't in your budget I suggest looking into a cheaper 18" Maybe an AQ HDC3 18". The money you save can help you afford the proper wiring.

Im guessing you haven't looked into the electrical to back up a 2000 rms amp either have you? Depending on your car and alternator you are most likely going to need a 2nd battery + that 0 gauge.

If you want to keep your 4 gauge I would suggest looking into a 1000 rms amp and subwoofer setup.

Sorry but your cousin is wrong..

2010 Focus coupe- 8 12" wall. 157.5@46hz

2016 Focus ST - SQ build.

im running an x15 at 2000w and i have a d3400 big 3 with 2/0 and cd power xp270 alt i made sure i have electrical before i put in my setup cause we all know the more time it takes to put together the better the system will souund due to taking the right precautions. my buddy has an saz-1200d on his mayhem 18 all 4ga ofc big 3 n everything its not the subs that make the system cause if you start frying wires pretty soon youll be out a car and setup cause everything will be fried. just my 2 cents because i have all sorts of guysaround me that fight about this everyay and i just tell them go big or suck a bone.

I am not going to throw a brand new 4g wiring kit away........................

LISTEN. DUDE. OKAY?

that amp can pull OVER 200 amps of current. you know what 4 gauge is rated for at like 15ft? 150 amps.

there is a god damn reason why good 2000w amps have 0 gauge inputs.

i dont give two shits what your cousin says or how long he's been in the game. he's wrong.

edit: nobody said to throw it away.....just use it for a 4 channel amp instead.

why would i need a 4 channel amp?

So a DC XL 18" isn't too expensive but 0 gauge wiring is??? You can get 25 foot of good CCA 0 gauge for $50. Running 4 gauge is a bad idea like everyone else has said.

You are asking for help but don't care to listen to what anyone is saying.

If 0 gauge isn't in your budget I suggest looking into a cheaper 18" Maybe an AQ HDC3 18". The money you save can help you afford the proper wiring.

Im guessing you haven't looked into the electrical to back up a 2000 rms amp either have you? Depending on your car and alternator you are most likely going to need a 2nd battery + that 0 gauge.

If you want to keep your 4 gauge I would suggest looking into a 1000 rms amp and subwoofer setup.

Sorry but your cousin is wrong..

I've said already that I AM GETTING THE EXTRA BATTERIES.

Most, ok, well, a lot of people run their mids and highs off of a 4 channel.

Maybe you like 3k on your substage and 40 watts on your mids/highs.

Archived