Sundown Audio

Underpowering a sub?

Foamyy Thee Squirrell

hope he knows what he's doing and doesn't just throw in random numbers in RE box calc or some other random online calc. 4 cubes at 40hz with like 30sqin of port area. lol

hope he knows what he's doing and doesn't just throw in random numbers in RE box calc or some other random online calc. 4 cubes at 40hz with like 30sqin of port area. lol

What if he doesn't use one?

what if he uses pen and paper? if he knows math and proper spacing/strength, then thats fantastic.

Maybe, he did.

I only say this because you most likely judged the results from subjective tests.

If you post up a thread for your enclosure on here you can get help to figure out the mathematics of designing a proper enclosure for your sub-woofer, power, and acoustical environment.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Maybe, he did.

I only say this because you most likely judged the results from subjective tests.

If you post up a thread for your enclosure on here you can get help to figure out the mathematics of designing a proper enclosure for your sub-woofer, power, and acoustical environment.

considering I am not building it and he has built a plentiful amount of boxes, I'll take his word his going to do it right.

There presents your noobieness once again.

Basing your decision off of someone building a lot of boxes is not how you should be going about it.

If I went that route I would have my local store build me some box with 12 sq inches of port area and 1 cube net for a 15". However they have built a lot of them. They also sound like a horse dying of asthma.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

There presents your noobieness once again.

Basing your decision off of someone building a lot of boxes is not how you should be going about it.

If I went that route I would have my local store build me some box with 12 sq inches of port area and 1 cube net for a 15". However they have built a lot of them. They also sound like a horse dying of asthma.

how about we see how said box builder does? i remember my first box. if port noise got bitches, id have gotten them all

how about we see how said box builder does? i remember my first box. if port noise got bitches, id have gotten them all

I agree on seeing how the design turns up; I must have forgotten to add that in there, since I have nothing to knock them on yet.

I had just gotten back to the computer after doing something else.

Archived