hammiethebasshead Posted April 18, 2014 Report Posted April 18, 2014 So I driving home from work today playing my system full tilt like I always do since it is down a main highway with no houses and not many other cars (gotta be mindful to others) and all of a sudden my sub started sounding strange so I turned it off immediately. Got home and checked it out and found it had blown partially out of the baffle enough that I could fit my thumb between the sub and the box. So it looks like it is time to build a new box finally that one was crap anyway. once you get a speaker moving so hard that its possible to make tinsels slap, you are already kissing "SQ" goodbye. Don't get me wrong, as I smoke Marlboro Reds, but if I saw one more kid with that smug-ass look (Look at me I'm smoking indoors) on their face, I was going to shove that thing so far up someone's ass that they'd look like a hillbilly trying to understand quantitative prediction theorem. You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.
timc31610 Posted April 18, 2014 Report Posted April 18, 2014 What are you running? My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
hammiethebasshead Posted April 18, 2014 Author Report Posted April 18, 2014 actually just running a kicker zx1000.1 on an FI Q series 15. But the box was a POS ProBox that the sub came in when I bought it from a local pawn shop. The main reason it did that is I was using smallish wood screws to hold the sub in and the front baffle is coming separated as well. I have been meaning to build a new box for a while and have one designed just haven't had the time or money to do it. once you get a speaker moving so hard that its possible to make tinsels slap, you are already kissing "SQ" goodbye. Don't get me wrong, as I smoke Marlboro Reds, but if I saw one more kid with that smug-ass look (Look at me I'm smoking indoors) on their face, I was going to shove that thing so far up someone's ass that they'd look like a hillbilly trying to understand quantitative prediction theorem. You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.
timc31610 Posted April 18, 2014 Report Posted April 18, 2014 Nothing like being forced to build a box...lol. I guess that FI was telling you something. My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Aj11 Posted April 19, 2014 Report Posted April 19, 2014 from the looks of it you could turn the sub a quarter turn and rescrew it.until the New box is done. i hate not havin bass! that or if you have extra wood make another front baffle and run that. of coarse this is all temp ideas. jvc deck stinger 1800 front hc 2000 kinetic rear 2 runs of 1/0g big 3/4 ct 60.4 2 ct 1400.1 ct EXO 15 d1 lots of deadner type r comps front stage 6 kicker tweets rear stage lots of great stuff coming soon ho alt more bats ct comps for front stage more deadner sweet amp rack lots of L.E.D lights new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)
SMF93 Posted April 19, 2014 Report Posted April 19, 2014 actually just running a kicker zx1000.1 on an FI Q series 15. But the box was a POS ProBox that the sub came in when I bought it from a local pawn shop. The main reason it did that is I was using smallish wood screws to hold the sub in and the front baffle is coming separated as well. I have been meaning to build a new box for a while and have one designed just haven't had the time or money to do it. Mind me asking what you payed?
hammiethebasshead Posted April 19, 2014 Author Report Posted April 19, 2014 I payed 150 for the sub and box and no AJ11 I can't turn it there have apparently been a few woofers in and out of this box when I took the sub out the baffle was a clusterfuck of mounting holes plus the baffle is coming apart from the rest of the box. I put my 12 back in my car like I had planned on doing in the first place and am just going to wait till I get some stuff lined out on my Tahoe and build a box and put it in there. once you get a speaker moving so hard that its possible to make tinsels slap, you are already kissing "SQ" goodbye. Don't get me wrong, as I smoke Marlboro Reds, but if I saw one more kid with that smug-ass look (Look at me I'm smoking indoors) on their face, I was going to shove that thing so far up someone's ass that they'd look like a hillbilly trying to understand quantitative prediction theorem. You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.
Aj11 Posted April 19, 2014 Report Posted April 19, 2014 oh, i hate when i bought a used sub and box from someone. everything seemed fine until you need to pull the sub to check ohm config and you realize you just bought a Swiss cheeses box! had it happen allot! like.every week these kids had to pull there sub and mount it a different way! jvc deck stinger 1800 front hc 2000 kinetic rear 2 runs of 1/0g big 3/4 ct 60.4 2 ct 1400.1 ct EXO 15 d1 lots of deadner type r comps front stage 6 kicker tweets rear stage lots of great stuff coming soon ho alt more bats ct comps for front stage more deadner sweet amp rack lots of L.E.D lights new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)
hammiethebasshead Posted April 19, 2014 Author Report Posted April 19, 2014 yea I will never understand why someone would need to pull a sub that many times. I didn't give a damn about the box in the first place though since it was a probox. I knew this would happen eventually just didn't know when. once you get a speaker moving so hard that its possible to make tinsels slap, you are already kissing "SQ" goodbye. Don't get me wrong, as I smoke Marlboro Reds, but if I saw one more kid with that smug-ass look (Look at me I'm smoking indoors) on their face, I was going to shove that thing so far up someone's ass that they'd look like a hillbilly trying to understand quantitative prediction theorem. You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.
bighossf150 Posted April 19, 2014 Report Posted April 19, 2014 Use 1/4-20 threaded inserts and machine screws Used to have a loud truck 2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq 2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.