Second Skin Audio

2 Sundown sa15s on bc3500

barney91

yes it will but you, but not all amps can be set with a 0db track with the dd1

i know my zx750.1 when i set gain, you use the 0db to find h/u then i turned amp up and only got 1 click from 0 (0-11) so to 1 on gain was 0db,

i then checked amp with -5 and -10, and i got 5/11 and 6/11, but because i was doing a sq build i set it @ 4/11 because i was chasing a -3db

with a bc3500 idd find what 0 and -5db tracks are and put it between the two if your running 1ohm final

what coil config do you have,

another option if you have d4 coil is t-line them at 4ohm final

yes it will but you, but not all amps can be set with a 0db track with the dd1

i know my zx750.1 when i set gain, you use the 0db to find h/u then i turned amp up and only got 1 click from 0 (0-11) so to 1 on gain was 0db,

i then checked amp with -5 and -10, and i got 5/11 and 6/11, but because i was doing a sq build i set it @ 4/11 because i was chasing a -3db

with a bc3500 idd find what 0 and -5db tracks are and put it between the two if your running 1ohm final

what coil config do you have,

another option if you have d4 coil is t-line them at 4ohm final

i do have the d4, i still have the t-line i had them before but its been sitting in my moms garage for a while and it picked up moisture, plus i want to try a normal ported box or a 4th order

Alpine 9884

RF T2 comp set up front

The Epicenter

2x RF T10001bd

2x Sundown sa-15 t-line

Big 3

Smd DD-1

ported 4ohm final just won't do them justice, but will work,

if you ask me there are a few options

sell them and get something that will take the 3500 like a pair X or maybe a hdc3, lvl4

sell them and buy a single 18 that will take the 3500 like a z, hdc4, lvl5

but another 2 and iso them or even iso 4th

run it a 4ohm ported

4ohm iso t-line

buy 1 more and run sealed @2.66 ohm

He said tight budget though in his first post, so that's why I was inquiring John. I wouldn't even design a box knowing for those, knowing that triple the RMS would be sent to those 2 subs with 2.5" coils.

The option that John mentioned that I do like is selling the 2 subs for a single 18" sub of a higher series, like Sundown X and run at 2 ohms final. Used maybe? Or a couple of used HDC3 15s?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Yes i have thought about it but not many people know what they are, and final load would be 1ohm . would the specs i posted up work for a pair of Xs

Alpine 9884

RF T2 comp set up front

The Epicenter

2x RF T10001bd

2x Sundown sa-15 t-line

Big 3

Smd DD-1

He said tight budget though in his first post, so that's why I was inquiring John. I wouldn't even design a box knowing for those, knowing that triple the RMS would be sent to those 2 subs with 2.5" coils.

The option that John mentioned that I do like is selling the 2 subs for a single 18" sub of a higher series, like Sundown X and run at 2 ohms final. Used maybe? Or a couple of used HDC3 15s?

my wife didn't say a number but i know 300 or 400 tops it, but I'd rather get a bigger battery and better amp to run my front stage

Alpine 9884

RF T2 comp set up front

The Epicenter

2x RF T10001bd

2x Sundown sa-15 t-line

Big 3

Smd DD-1

Archived