Is it your thunderbird or whatever? that's definitely carbureted. probably point ignition. Clean your cap first, then carb! May be time for a carb rebuild brother! Ill put money on one or the other fixing it! check the plugs after you fix it for what i described earlier, just as a good measure! Have a good one man!

How does your car idle? There's a good chance it might need to be adjusted. Bad ass car by the way.

Thanks man. Thing is it idles fine, maybe a little rich.

Ill get some carb cleaner in it see if that works when I get back to school. Until then thanks all for the responces.

Sounds like something with the distributor. If it idles fine in park don't mess with your throttle body. The problem is elsewhere

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

Could be dirty PVC valve.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

Sounds like something with the distributor. If it idles fine in park don't mess with your throttle body. The problem is elsewhere

This is horrible advice. Just saying.

What's happening here is when the engine is loaded, it dies. Usually a vacuum issue.

Steps-

Verify timing and timing curve, very simple

Check for vacuum leaks-is it a vaccum advance distributor?

Check fuel pressure

If all that is good, it's probably going rich off idle. Whatever carb it is, clean the metering system. Again, very simple.

If that doesn't work, lean it out a bit. If you don't know how, post up the model and I'll show you.

Also, check that all external adjustments on the carb are secured, as in not vibrating in one direction or the other.

So I adjusted the idle down and tuned the jets to where its no longer rich as hell and got it to keep running when I press on the gas a little bit but anything over about half throttle it just sputters and dues out. Gonna get my teacher to help diagnose the problem. Ill post back around 2:30

Edit. Spent class putting a transmission in.

Archived