mids n highs having to much bass??????

Blake Farrar

No, it's your crossover on your amp. You're actually not using them at all. See that little switch that has three settings labeled "HPF x10, x1, LPFx10"? Switch that to HPF x10 for your tweeters. What that does is change your crossover frequency adjustments from 50-500Hz (x1, where you are now, much too low for tweeters) to 500Hz-5kHz (x10). That's for your tweeter channels only. Then you need to switch both to HPF where it says "HPF, Full, LPF". You will want your mids to be about 100Hz and your tweeters to be about 4kHz. That's a general area for PA stuff.

This isn't really an active capable amp for your mids, don't know why it only has one filter. My recommendation would be to run your mid channels as LPF on the amp and HPF on the head unit when you can adjust it, but until then running your mids with only a HPF until rolloff shouldn't be a huge issue.

so you're saying turn on the hpf for the component sets and tune the settings from there what about the pwx 8s?

No, it's your crossover on your amp. You're actually not using them at all. See that little switch that has three settings labeled "HPF x10, x1, LPFx10"? Switch that to HPF x10 for your tweeters. What that does is change your crossover frequency adjustments from 50-500Hz (x1, where you are now, much too low for tweeters) to 500Hz-5kHz (x10). That's for your tweeter channels only. Then you need to switch both to HPF where it says "HPF, Full, LPF". You will want your mids to be about 100Hz and your tweeters to be about 4kHz. That's a general area for PA stuff.

This isn't really an active capable amp for your mids, don't know why it only has one filter. My recommendation would be to run your mid channels as LPF on the amp and HPF on the head unit when you can adjust it, but until then running your mids with only a HPF until rolloff shouldn't be a huge issue.

so you're saying turn on the hpf for the component sets and tune the settings from there what about the pwx 8s?

Use hpf on your amp, and use 1x, then slowly adjust your crossover point to the liken of your ears.

*Hummer H3*

HeadUnit

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

Mids and Highs

8-CT Sounds Pro 8" 8ohm

4-CT Sounds Pro Tweeters

Amplifiers

1-CT Sounds 125.4

1-CT Sounds 60.4

1-CT Sounds 7000.1

Electrical

3-Runs of 1/0 CT Sounds

8-XS Power D3100

3-Iraggi 300 amp Alternators

Subwoofers

4-SQ Hdc3 15" Subwoofers

(Soon to be 4 15" Ct Sounds EXO)

If you are using the passive crossover that came with the component sets then just use the HPF option to cut the low frequency to the mids. Either use the HU or amp to do this. I tried both and mine sounds best using the

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

If you are using the passive crossover that came with the component sets then just use the HPF option to cut the low frequency to the mids. Either use the HU or amp to do this. I tried both and mine sounds best using the full setting on the amp and using the head unit HPF to cut off the low.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

If you are using the passive crossover that came with the component sets then just use the HPF option to cut the low frequency to the mids. Either use the HU or amp to do this. I tried both and mine sounds best using the full setting on the amp and using the head unit HPF to cut off the low.

alright but im not exactly sure how to tune by my headunit its a new hu alpine cde hd148bt and i think the only way to tune it is from a mobile app thru bluetooth and my phones bluetooth wont work right

alright but im not exactly sure how to tune by my headunit its a new hu alpine cde hd148bt and i think the only way to tune it is from a mobile app thru bluetooth and my phones bluetooth wont work right

Then just use the amp. Set it to HPF and X-1 play a song you like and turn the crossover and you should be able to hear the lows go away. Set it to were it sounds good to you. I have a CC-1 so there is no guessing for me but you should be fine.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

I just looked up your HU and it says you have HPF and LPF on the head unit. Read the directions and figure out how to use it.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Archived